The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

doing a bit of non-trainspotting on the Borders Railway I was caught in a thunderstorm in Gorebridge today- not particularly extreme weather although I enjoyed the torrent of rainwater rushing down the street- it was moving wee stones which was impressive.

post-12982-0-76806600-1436137582_thumb.j

Some decent, really loud thunder here all of a sudden. Either that or the side of my house just fell off.

Eta: there's the lightning and pishin' rain now.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Some decent, really loud thunder here all of a sudden. Either that or the side of my house just fell off.

Eta: there's the lightning and pishin' rain now.

There's a few rumbles about. The Aberdeen area looks the place too be right now.

Apparently Oz is about to be hit by a cold blast of weather from Antarctica. Headline in this mornings local free paper. Am off to empty the supermarket.

Bloody freezing in Adelaide today and supposed to be colder tomorrow. We supposedly had some snow according to the ABC http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-11/snow-spotted-on-mt-lofty-south-australia/6612408

Bloody freezing in Adelaide today and supposed to be colder tomorrow. We supposedly had some snow according to the ABC http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-11/snow-spotted-on-mt-lofty-south-australia/6612408

By "freezing" do you mean under 10? I'll be at the beach tomorrow, taps aff.