The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

On 20/09/2017 at 03:44, doulikefish said:

No but these hurricanes and earthquakes are messing with my travel plans for october

People being told not to travel to Bali for fears of a volcano erupting for the first time in over half a century.

I blame Kim Jong Un for triggering all this seismic activity with his underground nuclear tests the cheeky little rapscallion that he is.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

People being told not to travel to Bali for fears of a volcano erupting for the first time in over half a century.

I blame Kim Jong Un for triggering all this seismic activity with his underground nuclear tests the cheeky little rapscallion that he is.

The missus is always nagging me to go on holiday to these far-flung places and I just can't be fucked. God is on my side here. 

I hiked up a volcano in Bali last month, to watch the sunrise. The volcano didn't erupt, although I did see a monkey with massive balls steal a pack of biscuits off a wee guy's food stall at the top.

ETA. The sunrise and a monkey with massive balls.

3b89439f21e3b9e9c6e5e3e90d0d13cc.jpg

2b04d5609247ecbe5dccb99e8c0ea4ea.jpg

Is that not the view across from the Ayre hotel?

Kind of...

Car park at the back by reception, I stayed there last week.

Correct. Nice wee hotel. Enjoyed my stay. It's fully booked this week so the lad I'm working with up here has ended up getting one of their serviced flats over the road. Cracking.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Kind of...

Correct. Nice wee hotel. Enjoyed my stay. It's fully booked this week so the lad I'm working with up here has ended up getting one of their serviced flats over the road. Cracking.

The flats are ok, just built, but everything's grey paint, bit depressing when it's pissing down outside too. Bar and the food's ok though. 

The flats are ok, just built, but everything's grey paint, bit depressing when it's pissing down outside too. Bar and the food's ok though. 

Aye, very true, they like grey decor!

af250a6024dadf528b0b55a3aad9e5aa.jpg

The 'Norwegian Jade' was in Kirkwall for a few hours today as well. Beast of a thing. Can carry 2400 passengers apparently.

2aa7b443fd6db2f191573cae7db3a020.jpg

Getting a bit off topic here... It's been pishing down most of today!

• 3 weeks later...