The European Union

Reynard

No one knows how any part of the UK would vote, before the 1975 referendum the NO vote was miles ahead but the YES vote got there in the end. If the majority of the rest of the UK voted to stay, and the majority of Scots voted to leave, would the SNP try and pull Scotland out ? If not why do they waffle on about the rest of the UK voting to leave, with the majority of Scots wanting to stay and "dragging" Scotland out. The EU would love the UK to break up completely, for the simple reason. DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

There's nothing the SNP could do about it. Or the libdems. Or the Tories, or Labour etc

Try the Scottish edition <_<

Can you copy and paste it. I want a look.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't post image for some reason. Try Kevin Pringle Twitter account

Cant see the whole thing. But it does say "academic research"? Which seems to fly in the face of most polling which shows support for staying in the EU in England has risen a bit lately.

Does it say where you can get a look at the research? I wonder how different it is to how the pollsters conduct things.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that Scotland would vote in favour of staying in the EU.

I've got go and do some work now unlike so many on here. Maybe someone could set up a poll on how you would vote on an in/out referendum on Europe?

Cant see the whole thing. But it does say "academic research"? Which seems to fly in the face of most polling which shows support for staying in the EU in England has risen a bit lately.

Does it say where you can get a look at the research? I wonder how different it is to how the pollsters conduct things.

Buy a paper ya miserable b*****d!

For all the greetin' nats who were hoping and praying for the UK to leave the EU to generate a pretext for another indyref.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/british-support-eu-membership-23-high-poll-152315486.html#BRfv3vt

Nae luck.

Thats the one I saw too. Thats why I was wondering about The Times one. And who conducted it and how they conducted it. And when they conducted it.

I take it that under the SNP "devo-max" proposals that Scotland will be ponying up its share of EU funding as well.? That will see this years oil income spent.. <_<

Will it? Show your working pls.

Given the UK gives a net spend of £12billion per year to the EU (we'll ignore Farage's fanciful claims since he ignores the money we get back from the EU), and Scotland accounts for 8.4% of the UK population, that means Scotland will be paying £1billion as part of our share.

Now, Scotland generated £4billion of revenue for 13/14. That means unless oil revenue falls drastically, Scotland won't be spending all its oil money on EU membership .

Even if we use the £20billion per year figure, Scotland still pays roughly £1.6billion as part of "our share".

I thought it was pretty well accepted that Scotland would vote in favour of staying in the EU.

I've got go and do some work now unlike so many on here. Maybe someone could set up a poll on how you would vote on an in/out referendum on Europe?

The last poll that was done on here for a referendum was a joke.

Can you remember what it was? :lol

Archived