Motherwell's Next Manager

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why take less cash at motherwell for working while he can screw a wage out of hibs for sitting on his chorus doing nothing. the man has no integrity. either that or he found out he wasn't getting it and decided to "withdraw" from the process

Can't blame the guy. Also pretty much every Hibs fan on here was delighted when he was appointed last season.

I'd say the Hibs players from last season had no integrity, they were a disgrace and should never have been relegated from the position they were in.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very true. a large percentage wanted him. i didn't, i couldn't really fathom wy he would take the job with his family being so settled up north, as well as the fact it's a poison chalice which ever way you look at it.

but for a man to have so little self respect for himself, to turn down a job in a game that most of us would dream of is a scandal.

look up failure in the dictionary and it will mention hibs.

very true. a large percentage wanted him. i didn't, i couldn't really fathom wy he would take the job with his family being so settled up north, as well as the fact it's a poison chalice which ever way you look at it.

but for a man to have so little self respect for himself, to turn down a job in a game that most of us would dream of is a scandal.

look up failure in the dictionary and it will mention hibs.

Sandy Clark IMO

why take less cash at motherwell for working while he can screw a wage out of hibs for sitting on his chorus doing nothing. the man has no integrity. either that or he found out he wasn't getting it and decided to "withdraw" from the process

Hibs gave him a contract, and if they're unwilling to pay to money to terminate that contract then that's their problem, not his.

Hibs gave him a contract, and if they're unwilling to pay to money to terminate that contract then that's their problem, not his.

Yeah you've got to love the people who cite integrity issues for not willingly surrendering thousands of pounds owed by a previous employer who sacked you.

I'm sure in real life they'd do the honourable thing and give up that money, because the person that just sacked him is probably a sound guy really.

in real life? :lol:

What he did at Hibs would have seen most people removed, and if a member of a professional body investigated in respect of his ability to perform such duties in future - which after that hilarious debacle would have seen him struck off any register.

Any way back on topic, thank you Butcher for "pulling out" of the running.

Yes, he was manager of Maritimo.

Cheers mate. An interesting appointment. No idea how it'll work out but at least he might get some bums back on the seats at Fir Park.

Cheers mate. An interesting appointment. No idea how it'll work out but at least he might get some bums back on the seats at Fir Park.

I think he's certainly the only man from the shortlist who could put some extra numbers on the gate. Here's hoping that is the case.

Though, I'm off to Viva Brazil for a munch tomorrow instead of going to the game!

in real life? :lol:

What he did at Hibs would have seen most people removed, and if a member of a professional body investigated in respect of his ability to perform such duties in future - which after that hilarious debacle would have seen him struck off any register.

Any way back on topic, thank you Butcher for "pulling out" of the running.

Yeah, and despite all this, he would also be paid what he is contractually due.

If Hibs had a clause saying if they got relegated he'd get nothing then fine, but they didn't, so tough luck.

Hope to f**k it's van der Gaag that's appointed. Not only is he a cult hero amongst the support and the best option from the short-list (although just avoiding Butcher will be a bonus no matter who gets it), but he's also got a fairly decent record for a young manager (at least in terms of who we could realistically get), gaining Europa League qualification with Maritimo and winning promotion with Belenenses.

I'll be delighted if he gets it.

Archived