Motherwell's Next Manager

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Terry Butcher is possibly the most spectacularly awful appointment we could make.

Agree with that.

Finished 12th with Motherwell (saved by a technicality. RIP Brockville)

Finished 12th with Inverness (relegated)

Finished 11th with Hibs (relegated)

He gets a fairly easy ride in Scotland despite the above. His time has been and gone. No thanks.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobby Solano says he's been interviewed I wouldn't mind him without any potential crazy South American owners but I don't know if he's up for it without them

According to wiki (I know) he took a team from the relegation zone to the top half in his only management job to date

So did Paul Ince at Macclesfield. You are right to be optimistic though given the other candidates being mentioned.

Steelmen Online (that irrefutable font of knowledge) has Bob Maaskant being interviewed along with El Tel. Maaskant is an interesting shout, nice to have a Dutch ex-player other than Nijholt being linked.

Don't know much about him, but he's been at some reasonably high-profile sides in Holland (although none for very long).

I actually wouldn't have minded Butcher when McCall first left, but somewhat changed that view now...

None of the names mentioned are really wetting the appetite but again none of them seem completely give me the fear. All pretty meh appointments.

Van Der Gaag done quite well in Portugal before falling ill. Out of all that are mentioned I reckon he would be my preference!

I take it these odds are just made up or based on the 3 people who might actually have place money on this. The last time I looked at the odds Billy Stark was fovourite, now he is 40/1, a moving market indeed.

I take it these odds are just made up or based on the 3 people who might actually have place money on this. The last time I looked at the odds Billy Stark was fovourite, now he is 40/1, a moving market indeed.

We should all stick a couple of quid on somebody random like eugene Dadi just to see him been made favourite.

The bookies don't have a clue with the manager odds. That's why the same names are always thrown about and the odds chop and change all the time.

Butcher would be too obvious, I'd put money on Steve Lomas. Just a hunch.

Hopefully Black gets the gig and makes the relegation battle interesting.

Archived