Motherwell's Next Manager

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odds have drastically changed on McBookie as you'd expect from that site. Here's the latest top 5:

Billy Stark - 4/1

Gary McAllister - 4/1

Billy McKinlay - 10/1

Steve Lomas - 12/1

Terry Butcher - 12/1

I'd hate Lomas anywhere near my club. Was he not absolutely hated by St Johnstone fans as well despite them doing very rather well under him?

He'd struggle to make a top three managers list since we've been promoted, despite being one of only three.

He done a tremendous job, in reality, and some of the football we played was incredible. I said it recently but his season had probably the most enjoyable Saints teams I've seen, as he was pretty baws oot in his style. But he was constantly, constantly moaning about the squad, the club, and even had a moan about Rangers not being allowed back into the SPL. He had no interest in talking to fans and in the end the dressing room was seemingly in full revolt against him (our squad is generally an incredibly close knit unit, and that particular squad should've been near unbreakable). He regularly went out to pubs at the weekend, getting banned from a couple for singing The Sash, and seemed to almost encourage the players to do the same.

If he's grown up and matured he would be an outstanding manager at this level, but he's a dick, so you'd be better with a safer pair of hands who won't scarper the first chance he gets.

I can see Kenny Black gtting the gig till the end of the season now. He seems popular according to Vigurs who stated yesterday morning that the players would be happy for him to get the gig.

*shudder*

If we play like we played last night our relegation fears will be eased.

Also interesting to see Black immediately had us playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation and made some good calls with players playing out of position, Ramsden at defensive midfield, Reid at left back.

Showed more tactical nous in 90 minutes than McCall had all season.

Many saints fans let Lomas' personality detract from the fact he is comfortably our best tactical manager in years. He led a limited saints side with no regular scorer or outstanding player to our (joint) best finish ever, and as random guy says played some really nice stuff along the way. As well as that we could also play stodgy when needed, and our team was superb at closing out leads that season. We didn't lose a single game from a goal up in 12/13. Our record against Celtic under Lomas was really good also, that win at McDiarmid (Vine goal game) is still my favourite league game since we came up.

The off-field problems are well known but never really affected the teams performance. The "losing the dressing room" is based on nothing and is most likely complete pish

The "losing the dressing room" is based on nothing and is most likely complete pish

It only came out after a Dave Mackay interview

Many saints fans let Lomas' personality detract from the fact he is comfortably our best tactical manager in years. He led a limited saints side with no regular scorer or outstanding player to our (joint) best finish ever, and as random guy says played some really nice stuff along the way. As well as that we could also play stodgy when needed, and our team was superb at closing out leads that season. We didn't lose a single game from a goal up in 12/13. Our record against Celtic under Lomas was really good also, that win at McDiarmid (Vine goal game) is still my favourite league game since we came up.

The off-field problems are well known but never really affected the teams performance. The "losing the dressing room" is based on nothing and is most likely complete pish

Mind when he joined the forum to slag off Del and say how great he was. ????

Archived