Motherwell's Next Manager

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Casagolda, on 04 Nov 2014 - 15:44, said:

Where did you see that?

Was told by a boy at work and also seen it floating on Twitter. Could be gash info obviously, but he was saying just the other month that he wants to gain some experience at Valencia and then come back to Britain and become a manager in his own right at whatever level he can get in the professional game. McBookie now has him at 10/1 odds. Same as Danny Lennon.

RandomGuy., on 04 Nov 2014 - 19:28, said:

I'd be surprised if Cathro left Valencia so soon tbh

As would I have been until I read an interview with him just the other month. Sounds like he's chomping at the bit to be his own man. Here's a few excerpts:

'I understand that it's a league with a massive appeal but I just see a ball, a pitch, goalposts. That's constant wherever you go and that means you are less aware of all the superficial, glamorous parts that are made to make you feel bigger and more worthwhile.' - On La Liga

'I consider this season as a bit like a finishing school or the final year at university," he said. "I'm looking to get about three years of experience out of it to accelerate my own preparation. I want to manage and I want to do it as quickly as possible.

"I've got a very clear gauge in my mind of when I'll know that I'm ready and I'm not there yet. But depending on the circumstances of [my next] club, I'm not that far away."

'But would he really leave La Liga, with its trips to the Bernabeu and Nou Camp and potentially a Champions League campaign, to return to a lower level in the UK?

"Yes, no doubt," says Cathro.'

"I'm looking to get about three years of experience out of it"

Is the key for me, he's not even been there a year yet, so to me its too early for him

RandomGuy., on 04 Nov 2014 - 19:52, said:

Is the key for me, he's not even been there a year yet, so to me its too early for him

The quote you're referring to is that he see's this as his final season as an assistant as he's now in his third year having been one for 2 years at Rio Ave.

The quote you're referring to is that he see's this as his final season as an assistant as he's now in his third year having been one for 2 years at Rio Ave.

Maybe, regardless he's not finished that year yet anyway. I've no doubt he'll be interested, and he might even apply, I just can't see him becoming the manager just now

RandomGuy., on 04 Nov 2014 - 19:58, said:

Maybe, regardless he's not finished that year yet anyway. I've no doubt he'll be interested, and he might even apply, I just can't see him becoming the manager just now

Either can I to be honest. Be interested to see how he'd do, but I reckon it's a toss-up between Stark, Leitch or Adams personally. The first two would be good news for the rest of the league.

Archived