Motherwell's Next Manager

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams has no chance, not well liked by those at the club.

As for the boardroom situation, that should be sorted out in a few weeks. Either some of our richer fans stump up £1m or the club will be sold to outside investors and fan ownership will be forgotten. Fan ownership was a joke anyway, the structures were pish which led to one of elected officials resigning form the Well Society but trying to keep his cushy seat on the club board. This guy had also previous worked for the club, edited the program and was about as much of an insider as you could get.

That sounds farcical to say the least in the boardroom. The fact that the club media man was appointed to call the shots in the summer sums up things at Fir Park, no wonder the team are suffering.

I said after the game at Pittodrie that Motherwell looked like Hibs last season and Hibs made a similar managerial change at this time of the season last year. We all know how that ended. Vital Motherwell get this right.

My cynicism kicks in though and just sees a lazy Derek Adams appointment being made, particularly with such poor leadership off the field. Scott Leitch would be farcical. A left field appointment could be great or it could lead to a Hibs style meltdown and relegation.

Im_Rodger, on 02 Nov 2014 - 21:27, said:

Ian Murray deserves to be in this league.

Why is Pressley being listed?! McBookie are miles off with that Craig Brown and likely Coyle as well (But at least that'd reel the punters in).

We've appointed well over the past few years - even Gannon wasn't a dud in the grand scheme of things, so despite having no manager before a run of tough games isn't ideal - I'm fairly confident we'll get someone decent in. The bookies haven't had a clue about who the next motherwell boss was going to be over the last decade - so I'll be ignoring them this time too..

On McCall - sad he's leaving even if my initial reaction is that it feels like the right decision. He's resigned before things escalated and his legacy is assured as his 3rd/2nd/2nd finishes are highly unlikely to be bettered - history will be kind to him I think.

That sounds farcical to say the least in the boardroom. The fact that the club media man was appointed to call the shots in the summer sums up things at Fir Park, no wonder the team are suffering.

I said after the game at Pittodrie that Motherwell looked like Hibs last season and Hibs made a similar managerial change at this time of the season last year. We all know how that ended. Vital Motherwell get this right.

My cynicism kicks in though and just sees a lazy Derek Adams appointment being made, particularly with such poor leadership off the field. Scott Leitch would be farcical. A left field appointment could be great or it could lead to a Hibs style meltdown and relegation.

Everything has just diminished enough that we are now dysfunctional.

We didn't solve our goalkeeper issue instead signing a midget who was always going to have problems.

The defense got much worse. Hutchinson leaving was a big issue we didn't seem in a rush to fill. McManus is now even more exposed than last season and Hammell and Ramsden have struggled with injuries.

Midfield is worse with Lasley losing half a step, Carswell injured and the baffling role of Josh Law who was playing right back for his dad in non-league football last season.

Attack is a big issue. Sutton hasn't been great but often isolated. Ojamaa just isn't a good fit with him. Ainsworth is lazy but effective but we have no depth. Bob McHugh is still in the picture says it all.

We were on a downward trend last season but remarkable consistency to do just enough against the bad teams was the reason we kept pace. The last minute winner at Aberdeen was the cherry on top of an overachieving season.

Everything has just diminished enough that we are now dysfunctional.

We didn't solve our goalkeeper issue instead signing a midget who was always going to have problems.

The defense got much worse. Hutchinson leaving was a big issue we didn't seem in a rush to fill. McManus is now even more exposed than last season and Hammell and Ramsden have struggled with injuries.

Midfield is worse with Lasley losing half a step, Carswell injured and the baffling role of Josh Law who was playing right back for his dad in non-league football last season.

Attack is a big issue. Sutton hasn't been great but often isolated. Ojamaa just isn't a good fit with him. Ainsworth is lazy but effective but we have no depth. Bob McHugh is still in the picture says it all.

We were on a downward trend last season but remarkable consistency to do just enough against the bad teams was the reason we kept pace. The last minute winner at Aberdeen was the cherry on top of an overachieving season.

At the moment, I seriously worry for you. I just can't see your team finishing anything other than bottom 6, and at the moment, if Ross County start to pick up more results, you are genuine relegation contenders.

The next appointment is vital, must be able to shitfest enough points to stay clear of the bottom 2 with a dysfunctional squad. Needs a fair manager to do that!

Archived