Where should my son go to Uni? P&B decides.

Romeo

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My son went to a university fair thing tonight where all the big Uni's were handing out their prospectus. I can't promise he will go the University P&B chooses but I will do my best.

So where should he go and why? Also where shouldn't he go and why.

He want's to study English & history if that helps.

If it's English and History, from that list really it has to be Edinburgh.

My son went to a university fair thing tonight where all the big Uni's were handing out their prospectus. I can't promise he will go the University P&B chooses but I will do my best.

So where should he go and why? Also where shouldn't he go and why.

He want's to study English & history if that helps.

Why would you ask other people on an internet about your sons future?

Surely that's between your son and his parents ie.You and his mother(if she is still with us).

Why would you ask other people on an internet about your sons future? Surely that's between your son and his parents ie.You and his mother(if she is still with us).

Because, and i'm deadly serious about this, I will send him to wherever P&B chooses.

There can be no other reason for me starting this thread.

Yeah, the royal connection hasn't helped St Andrews - the whole place seems to be full of burds from the home counties called Lucinda or Sophie doing History of Art.

That's because History of Art is largely a joke degree for the benefit of the upper classes, so Lucinda or Tristran can have their jollies for four years for very little work, get a degree from an ancient university as in keeping with societal circles where one is expected to get one, then do a year in some overpriced art gallery in Chelsea before becoming Lord Syphillis Montague's baby machine or pretending to run daddy's estate whilst really getting some beastly prole to do all the real work whilst buggering off to prop up the bar at the Carlton Club.

Yeah, the royal connection hasn't helped St Andrews - the whole place seems to be full of burds from the home counties called Lucinda or Sophie doing History of Art.

That's why I liked it so much! I chopped and changed courses a bit until spotting history was just one three hour seminar per week. Stunning place to live plus and incredible concentration of boozers and eateries of all type.

Plenty of opportunities to live and work in Edinburgh after graduating. Also, for an old dad to visit for pub lunch of a Sunday I think you'd struggle to beat St Andrews.

Glasgow Uni not in the running? Their history dept is very good.

Edinburgh or Dundee I reckon. Edinburgh has the history (there's something special about going to one of the medieval fuckers - especially when studying history) but Dundee is very highly-rated in terms of student experience. Abertay shouldn't really be on the list.