Where should my son go to Uni? P&B decides.

Romeo

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did English at Glasgow Uni and it was fantastic. Went to a couple of History lectures whilst I was there (part of an education course I was doing, it involved going to lectures of different disciplines and evaluating the difference in teaching styles) and they were really interesting, speaking to the students there they all raved about the course.

I also studied at Stirling and it had pros and cons. The organisation was good, but the course itself wasn't as good as Glasgow (albeit I didn't do English or History there so can't really comment on how good those courses might be). I also found Stirling itself to not be the greatest place for a 'student lifestyle', ended up moving to Edinburgh and commuting through for classes. Glasgow give you a goat skin scroll whilst Stirling only give you a paper one. Stirling is great for sport.

Why on Earth would you want your son to do English and History? Inside every child, there a burning desire to study Human Resource Management. Tell him to listen to his heart and he will be in the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in no time.

I went to The University of Plymouth Polytech but Edinburgh seems very nice. I suppose the length of the bar plays a big part.

Edited by Addie

Tell the wee tadger to get a pwopa job, plenty apprenticeships going. He'll only turn out to be an annoying fanny if he goes to yooni

If I had one post and a 26 word limit to say something that screams "I'm an absolute c**t", I think I might've written your post word for word.

My suggestion as someone who has an English degree is study literally anything else other than English as it will destroy and love or passion you have for the written word and replace it with a yawning void that you spend every day looking at trying to work out what the point in anything is.

And this was a lecturer I liked that made me this way.

In Edinburgh Uni library now. Very hard to get any work done because there's too many attractive females going about in yoga pants. Should've stayed in Dundee and I would've got a first easy. :(

I know that feel :( posting on here doesn't help either, Yoga pants are without a doubt, mankind's greatest achievement.

Did my undergrad at Stirling and loved every minute of it, currently doing a Masters at St Andrews and like it well enough but would have to admit that it's every bit as wanky as it's made out to be. I did French and History at Stirling and can definitely recommend the History department.

My son went to a university fair thing tonight where all the big Uni's were handing out their prospectus. I can't promise he will go the University P&B chooses but I will do my best.

So where should he go and why? Also where shouldn't he go and why.

He want's to study English & history if that helps.

I did my History degree at Edinburgh, and it's a good school, as is the Eng Lit school - the main thing is to pummel as many posh English chicks as is humanly possible during the four years there.

Competition for places is very strong at Edinburgh, mind.

St Andrews is an excellent uni, and a beautiful place.

Maybe try and get to some open days - try to spend a whole day at each one - that might help, if there's a choice to be made.

Edited by paranoid android