Where should my son go to Uni? P&B decides.

Romeo

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A few people have mentioned Glasgow and that would be my first choice as no need for digs, decent uni and such but I think he fancies staying in another town/city.

He should go somewhere well beyond commuting distance from home, Romeo. I'm from Coatbridge and went to Glasgow Uni. I did a mixture of commuting from home and staying in Halls then a flat. All six of my children have gone to (various) unis but all have moved away to maximise the experience. By the way, please read the chapter in Bill Bryson's Notes from a Big Country about when his eldest flew the nest for uni.

• 1 month later...

Just to keep everybody up to speed the boy has put is UCAS form in...which cost fucking £23 by the way..robbing c***s.

He's gone for

1. Glasgow

2. Strathclyde

3. Caledonia

So, he'll be staying in Glasgow, which is just as well given the threats of violent anal rape if he goes to Dundee.

All he needs to do now, is wait for offers get the result and bleed me dry for a few more years.

Magic..!!

Just to keep everybody up to speed the boy has put is UCAS form in...which cost fucking £23 by the way..robbing c***s.

He's gone for

1. Glasgow

2. Strathclyde

3. Caledonia

So, he'll be staying in Glasgow, which is just as well given the threats of violent anal rape if he goes to Dundee.

All he needs to do now, is wait for offers get the result and bleed me dry for a few more years.

Magic..!!

Your boy loves a bit of adventure. Glasgow, Glasgow or Glasgow. Mummy's boy.

• 4 years later...

Bump....

Who remembers this thread?

Romeo Jr should have been having his graduation today but obviously that's been fired into he sun. Weather permitting we will get the gazebo up and have a few drinks in the garden with a couple of his friends.

But he has just received his result and got a 2-1 (Politics) from Glasgow university.  He will now go on to do his PGD in teaching,

Very proud.

ETA - this also proves my theory that intelligence is genetic mainly on the fathers side.

Congratulations. A sterling career in fast food management awaits! Lolzers.

I know  a 2-2 is a Desmond, and Third is a Richard (or Douglas, back in the day), but does the non-thicko community have a slang term for a 2-1?

I know  a 2-2 is a Desmond, and Third is a Richard (or Douglas, back in the day), but does the non-thicko community have a slang term for a 2-1?
The internet says...Screenshot_20200626-113535_Chrome.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Its called a Shay Logun.

Tee hee!
Anyway, enjoy your day. Is he staying on at Glasgow or going elsewhere?
Which university Romeo jnr end up choosing?

He went to Glasgow and is now probably going to Strathclyde to do his PGD.