FA Cup Thread 2014/15

The Naitch

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff from Arsenal, they really are a pleasure to watch. Some of the touches and passes were sublime. I love how every player (bar mertesacker) seems super comfortable with the ball and don't seem to mind getting it, despite an opposition player being tight on them. Though, even big Per managed a couple of long diagonal passes that if certain midfield stars had done, we'd have had to endure endless replays and slaverings about their awesome range of passing.

PS Villa were poor.

That 3rd goal sums up beautifully why Given never made it at a decent team, always stands on his line when he should be commanding his box. Means he's often avoided obvious clangers so people think/thought he was underated, when really lots of goals he concedes are a result of his unwillingness to take responsibility. It's no surprise he's been part of shambolic defences his whole career, absolutely no presence about him at all.

What an embarrassing performance from Villa. Biggest game for however long and ... Embarrassing.

What a boring cup final.

Seven pints later and I'm still utterly devastated.

Yeah after all the build up and excitement/nerves then getting to Wembley and seeing the unbelievable atmosphere of 40,000 fellow supporters all feeling the same, it's incredibly hard to take tbh,especially when the game is so shite and they put up so little fight. Gutted for you mate.

So in a stadium that holds 90000(?) arsenal & villa got 51600?

That's ridiculous.

Been like that for years. I'm sure Man Utd and Barca only got something like 19k tickets each for the Champions league final there in 2011

Been like that for years. I'm sure Man Utd and Barca only got something like 19k tickets each for the Champions league final there in 2011

Seen to remember reading Munich and Chelsea had the same issues in 2012.

Archived