Top Five Irritating Accents

Dee Man

1.South African - Just wrong. Ridiculously weird accent.

2. Brummie - If I was raised with this accent I would either learn to talk differently or just never talk again.

3. West Country - As soon as a Somerset bumpkin opens their mouth you automatically think "thick c**t".

4. Welsh - Obviously there are regional variations but they are all shit.

5. Irish - As above.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll stress that I'm on about the 'extreme' examples, often when people are trying too hard, the milder versions aren't as bad.

1. Weedgie 'scheme goblin' - (Reynards creation I think), this is probably no.1 because I hear it more "by the way".

2. Scouse.

3. Cockney.

4. 'Trashy' Yank.

5. 'Yah' Southern English.

1. Wolverhampton (like brummie but with every last drop of joy sucked out)

New Jersey (whiny, nasal, ear-bleeding noise)

Proto-Weegie (Lanarkshire / South Central Scotland, Falkirkians particularly bad offenders "haw-whit")

Mockney (South-East England - Kent type. Basically any fucker that says "innit")

BBC Scottish (Any Scottish presenter working down south that's had their accent mangled into something acceptable for the rest of the UK. Carol Kirkwood sounds like she's from Balamory does the White Heather Club)

Staying in Liverpool, it has to be Scouse x 5

Aye, Scousers who try too hard with the accent like its a competition to be the most Scouse are laughably pathetic feckers. I've seen it with Geordie's too. It sometimes goes hand in hand with a 'poor-off', that headlong rush to show how humble your origins are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

1. Outer-Hebrides. It's sickeningly disgusting.

2. Welsh. Sounds half Jamaican, half Geordie.

3. Southern/Bible Belt States. That inbred, hick sounding one. Horrible.

4. Norfolk. Sounds like a really, really shit Cornish one.

5. Scouse. It's not that bad when it's soft like the one Ringo Starr has, but the whiny one like Carragher has is terrible.

1. Scouse - agree with post above, Ringo has a lovely voice. Stevie G must have had eloction lessons I reckon too. Sounds awful on 99% of them especially a woman.

2. Posh Scottish - terrible and especially the long-winded ones. Wellllllllllllllllllllllll, oooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

3. Manchester - sounds aggressive as f**k most of the time.

4. Geordie - awful. Sounds like a real shitty version of Scots.

5. Cork - incomprehendable at times.

To everyone saying South African, how dare you? Just try saying something like "blaady prawns" or "I dud not mean to kull Riva your honaa" in a South African accent, it's great fun. For me the SA accent is a bit like the Dutch one, in that it sounds headache inducing at first but when you hear it loads it ends up being one of the best accents on earth.

1) Brummie

2) Any South American apart from Brazilian

3) Posh English

4) Nasally Australian

5) Edinburgh teenage jakie girl (oh ma goad eh Deeks is pyure healthy sexy likeseh)

Archived