Top Five Irritating Accents

Dee Man

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waitrose is Satan's own supermarket. An evil place full of horrendous wankers.

'Evil place'? They are the most ethical of the major supermarkets, their employees basically own the company, they make an effort to source food responsibly and ethically whilst providing a work environment designed for the benefit of employees. The other major supermarkets are considerably more evil than Waitrose.

fair point , I was only having a laugh anyway in the name of keeping the old Glasgow Edinburgh rivalry alive.

I'm tellin ye if you don't start appreciating me I'll fuckin leave eh.

'Evil place'? They are the most ethical of the major supermarkets, their employees basically own the company, they make an effort to source food responsibly and ethically whilst providing a work environment designed for the benefit of employees. The other major supermarkets are considerably more evil than Waitrose.

All cancelled out by overhearing one yummy mummy boast to her friends that little Toby came home one day and asked if they can only buy organic food from now on.

Scum, sub-human scum.

The more I think about it, the more my point about strong Glesga accents not suiting women is definitely true.

I saw Amy Macdonald at that Night For Scotland thing. She was looking splendid and I admired her passion, but whenever she spoke to the crowd I had a strong urge to recreate the lift scene of Drive on someone.

1 Scouse gets on my nerves on a visceral level and I'm not sure why

2 Brummie loved Auf Wedersehn Pet except when Barry (not Moxy so much because his Scouse one was faked and not very good by all accounts) was on

3 Culchie types in the RoI doing the dis and dat stuff especially the Irish Travelers

4 Noooofinland (Newfoundland) although to be fair there are many quite different ones there

5 Boston in the United States

Guest honestrae95

1. Scouse- absolutely vile accent.

2. Galloway Irish- People from 'Stinlar'.

3. Belfast- Northern Irish is ok, but Belfast just has this horrible twang.

4. Brummy- ewww.

5. Mancunian- ew.

Limmy has a terrible accent - he's in no place to judge.

1) Brummie - It's soul destroying

2) Any accent that involves saying "Y'all"

3) West Africa - Indecipherable

4) Any accent that involves saying "Bruv"

5) People trying to disguise their weegie droll.

Town I grew up in has a strange accent. About half the folk have North East accents, as one would expect, the other half have this weird half Scottish half American accent. It's weird.

I spent a few years in shetland and it was wierd like that. almost everyone over 30 spoke with this realy broad dialect thats been on the go for generations but all the youngsters spoke in that god awful homogenised scottish "whats youre chat" accent thats just makes youre blood boil

Was that in Lerwick or out in the crofting townships or remoter islands? Even 30 or 40 years back, there was a big difference between the two and there were Lerwick folk that sounded like they were from the Scottish mainland and didn't use "du kaens" as a verbal full-stop and stuff like that.

Archived