Drive on BBC 3 tonight

Mr Romanov

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it because he's enthusiastic that you all hate Zane Lowe? Is he not cynical enough for the sneering cool crowd?

What a bitter bunch of fandans. It's not enough to say you don't like it; you have to spout utter pish. It's clear most of you have no idea what the whole thing was about.

Obviously the revised soundtrack was never going to compete with the original, as the original was utterly exceptional. The revised soundtrack wasn't trying to compete with it.

Anyway, there have been a few good tunes but overall it's been no better than alright. But the artists involved loved it and found inspiration from the project and the director of the film himself said the project was 'excellent'. That's what it was all about; using inspiration to create new music, and in that respect it worked.

Oh and this was a one off showing. Hardly a money maker.

^^^^

Zane Lowe

Not a film I'll be watching again tbh. The number of times Gosling was asked a question and just stared back and said nothing was infuriating.

Did you watch the original? If not, give that a go. Infinitely better. I found myself pretty bored through this rescore.

It was an interesting experience though as it totally change the whole tone of the film. Shows how important it is to get the music right and probably why guys like Tarantino are so good.

Bizarre shit from DA Baracus. I don't hate Zane Lowe but I find him tedious, his interview style of "everyone knows (insert huge hit song) but I'm a big fan of (insert little known shitty b-side)" is boring. This wasn't trying to be as good as the original? What's the point then? I'm sure there's other ways to go about getting artists to have good fun making new music than ruining a good film for our non-entertainment.

Is it because he's enthusiastic that you all hate Zane Lowe? Is he not cynical enough for the sneering cool crowd?

What a bitter bunch of fandans. It's not enough to say you don't like it; you have to spout utter pish. It's clear most of you have no idea what the whole thing was about.

Obviously the revised soundtrack was never going to compete with the original, as the original was utterly exceptional. The revised soundtrack wasn't trying to compete with it.

Anyway, there have been a few good tunes but overall it's been no better than alright. But the artists involved loved it and found inspiration from the project and the director of the film himself said the project was 'excellent'. That's what it was all about; using inspiration to create new music, and in that respect it worked.

Oh and this was a one off showing. Hardly a money maker.

headless-man.jpg

Oh aye Sodje, c***s the biggest imposter going.

Paints himself as this champion of new music, voice for the underground guy, when in reality he's a clueless slaver, just like the majority of these guys apart from a few on 6 music.

The arrogance it takes to do something like this. :lol: I don't mind that, but the guy has zero talent!

Exciting news, I'm going to be doing a rescore of Schindler's List. We've got Lethal Bizzle, Scooter and Iggy Azalea on board, and hell mend you if you bemoan this opportunity for some artists to have a bit of fun.

Drive is a personal favourite of mine. Can't say I'm much of a movie buff but I noticed the soundtrack when watching it and throughly enjoyed it.

Watched last night and I did like some of the songs. The replacement for a Real Hero wasn't to my taste though. The first couple were good, the rest were largely forgettable I'd say. The original definitely has more of an effect.

Edit: Is there a list of the songs included last night? I'd like a proper listen to them.

Zane Lowe showing why modern pretentious, radio 1-esque music ruins everything. The opening song was one of the things that stuck for me the first time I watched. That song was an abortion of a choice.

Do you mean the song in the opening credits? I've watched that big again (9.58) and especially after a second look I think it's dece as f**k, almost as good as Kavinsky:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04p5k25/drive-radio-1-rescores

After the first 20 mins or so I switched to the original soundtrack, having never seen the film before and reading the positive comments on here. Wasn't a fan of the film at all although there were one or two good tracks that fitted the atmosphere well (the BBC opening tune above is a goodie too).

For me the movie is another in a long list of movies that tries to pull the Emperor's Clothes trick on the audience, by featuring a main character so devoid of personality that everyone sees a character so deep that you can't quite work him out. See every movie Keanu Reeves ever did after Bill & Ted.

Archived