Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Aye, fair point, but I just worry it does more harm than good.

So do I, I'm watching the news now and they are trying to spin it but what can you do, people are angry they want to express that anger. I think the story is really why are they so angry with Labour in Glasgow, but nobody is asking that question.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe only me, but I just don't see the point or the benefit in going around hassling life's losers in public.

Sean Clerkin is the biggest loser you'll ever meet

There are high profile Scottish comedians. I wonder why Jim Murphy didn't get one of them to come to a 'rally' with him?

PS; the answer to that is in the question.

Of course they would, it would have been shown on the news right now as heroic Murphy with massive support fighting the good fight in Glasgow. The SNP lose either way, as the unionists own the media.

How's the 'Unionists owning the media' working out for SLab in the polls?

This is hate.

This is Sean Clerkin. Not an SNP supporter and from what I know is actually ex-Labour and would fit into the rumours that a 'disgruntled ex-Labour supporter' tipped off the BBC. He seems to be a left-wing publicity magnet who the press loves. If i'm wrong, please correct me with some evidence.

Sturgeon is a class act and this has been acknowledge by the media home and abroad. With the SNP on course for a famous election, why would any offical SNP folk get involved in this?

Like I said, today and the other Murphy staged-stunts are nothing compared to the old days. However, I'd just stay away from him. All Murphy has is the chance come out looking reasonable again after his various meltdowns on telly.

How's the 'Unionists owning the media' working out for SLab in the polls?

Exactly, so what difference does it make, the scenes today won't do any damage at all. I've already made that point today, this isn't the first time this has happened.

Exactly, so what difference does it make, the scenes today won't do any damage at all. I've already made that point today, this isn't the first time this has happened.

The difference it makes is it gives them a story that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

You can't bitch about 'Unionists owning the media' then bitch about the same media spinning stories to suit theit agenda.

But they're going to do it anyway, as I said if no protesters the story is look at Murphy's huge massive popular rally and how successful it was. The polls prove it hasn't been working, so there's no reason to suggest this latest incident will do any damage.

This is Sean Clerkin. Not an SNP supporter and from what I know is actually ex-Labour and would fit into the rumours that a 'disgruntled ex-Labour supporter' tipped off the BBC. He seems to be a left-wing publicity magnet who the press loves. If i'm wrong, please correct me with some evidence.

If memory serves me right he campaigned against a Yes vote for a Scottish parliament back in 97

Sean Clerkin is only intrested in Sean Clerkin. I've met the guy a few times, he is a utter arse of a man who loves confrontation

But they're going to do it anyway, as I said if no protesters the story is look at Murphy's huge massive popular rally and how successful it was. The polls prove it hasn't been working, so there's no reason to suggest this latest incident will do any damage.

How are they going to do it anyway?

Would they Photoshop some loonies onto the pictures to make a story?

How are they going to do it anyway?

Would they Photoshop some loonies onto the pictures to make a story?

They're going to spin the story to support Labour. Either its nasty nats or triumphant Jim holds court in Glasgow, we can't win with the media either way so it doesn't matter.

They're going to spin the story to support Labour. Either its nasty nats or triumphant Jim holds court in Glasgow, we can't win with the media either way so it doesn't matter.

Sorry but I'm not buying that.Every time Jim holds court he loses poll ratings.Spinning Jim Murphy is a bit like polishing a shire.

Well that was a first! Invited in for a chat with a lovely couple while canvassing this evening, keen to hear what I had to say. They were previously Labour voters and soft Labour leaning this time round but wanted to hear the Lib Dem perspective. Left 20 minutes later with two Lib Dem votes in the bag. Jim Murphy will be most disappointed.

Maybe not the most efficient use of time in terms of being able to knock more doors, but I think that's going to leave a lasting impression on them. If politicians spent less time throwing the same sound bites at everyone and a bit more time listening to folk on the ground we might be living in a more satisfied and engaged country.

Sorry but I'm not buying that.Every time Jim holds court he loses poll ratings.Spinning Jim Murphy is a bit like polishing a shire.

I don't agree at all, the million watching it on TV wouldn't be there, he only loses votes with those who hear what he says. They would show edited (cleverly) pictures of him addressing a rapturous and large crowd, that's good for him. Today's protesters stopped that happening.

And bear in mind the guy's a fucking war criminal, who wouldn't want to heckle him? If I saw him in the street he'd be getting it tight till one of us was dragged away, I wouldn't invite him to air his views and listen intently.

Well that was a first! Invited in for a chat with a lovely couple while canvassing this evening, keen to hear what I had to say. They were previously Labour voters and soft Labour leaning this time round but wanted to hear the Lib Dem perspective. Left 20 minutes later with two Lib Dem votes in the bag. Jim Murphy will be most disappointed.

Maybe not the most efficient use of time in terms of being able to knock more doors, but I think that's going to leave a lasting impression on them. If politicians spent less time throwing the same sound bites at everyone and a bit more time listening to folk on the ground we might be living in a more satisfied and engaged country.

I see your point here, but on the other hand, it may prove to be more useful if this couple chat to friends, etc about the nice Lib Dem chap. I'd say you're fortunate that you are probably in a constituency where the electorate are well educated and willing to chat about politics to each other without becoming dribbling messes.

Must be that classic car you've got parked out in the street that impressed them ;):P

Archived