Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a genuine question. What positions has Murphy taken or what policies has he supported that make him relatively right wing for the Labour party? As with a lot of politicians, I only really 'know' that he's right wing because the media have called him a Blairite.

You're a Labour party member right? I presume you'll vote for Murphy. What kind of policies do you think Murphy will push, that Findlay won't, that'll make Labour more electable?

I know Murphy is a bigger name and almost certainly a stronger 'character' than Findlay which conventional wisdom would suggest makes Labour more electable under Murphy.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/299551-unite-jim-murphy-victory-would-be-all-the-snps-christmases-at-once/

Not according to Unite.

How Jim Murphy voted

• Voted moderately for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas Source
  • Voted very strongly for the Iraq war Source
  • Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war Source
  • Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
  • Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
  • Voted moderately for strengthening the Military Covenant Source
  • Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitals Source
  • Voted strongly against measures to reduce tax avoidance Source
  • Voted moderately for university tuition fees Source
  • Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system Source
  • Voted strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests Source
  • Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards Source
  • Voted moderately for requiring the mass retention of information about communications Source
  • Voted very strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws Source

He was right of Blair. Not sure what Lab see in him. Got no principles.

You've answered you're own questions. The fact that he has no principles is exactly what certain (influential) sections of the Labour Party see in Murphy. He will say and do whatever is necessary to win votes and the likes of the BBC and The Daily Retard will turn a blind eye to any hypocrisy that ensues.

For a considerable period of time the Labour Party have been far more interested in being in power than what they are going to do once they are in power. Ironically I think Milliband is more interested in challenging vested interests than his last four predecessors; this is why he is hated by the MSM and many within his own party.

You've answered you're own questions. The fact that he has no principles is exactly what certain (influential) sections of the Labour Party see in Murphy. He will say and do whatever is necessary to win votes and the likes of the BBC and The Daily Retard will turn a blind eye to any hypocrisy that ensues.

He is exactly what the powers that be want. He will be happy to be worked from behind and tow the party line. I don't think anyone really knows what the party line is anymore though.

He is exactly what the powers that be want. He will be happy to be worked from behind and tow the party line. I don't think anyone really knows what the party line is anymore though.

'Hardline' No's love him. But no-one needs that small vote; Lab need their core back.

You cannot seriously believe that, surely

Oh I seriously do. Labours core support are leaving them in their droves because they have forgotten their roots. Murphy epitomizes right wing Labour. Murphy getting in is great if you don't like Labour.

Oh I seriously do. Labours core support are leaving them in their droves because they have forgotten their roots. Murphy epitomizes right wing Labour. Murphy getting in is great if you don't like Labour.

Pathetic, no mind of your own, look beyond the SNP spin, then again you wont like what you see, the last thing Sturgeon wants is Murphy, she might handle the other two, Murphy will be fit enough for her

Maybe when someone from the NCC provides the ATOS figures on behalf of the sadly departed NCC fuckwit-in-chief, you can have them.

You should probably shut the f**k up about ATOS figures after you completely humiliated yourself over those a few months back.

Pathetic, no mind of your own, look beyond the SNP spin, then again you wont like what you see, the last thing Sturgeon wants is Murphy, she might handle the other two, Murphy will be fit enough for her

I'm expressing MY personal opinion which means I DO have a mind of my own. Murphy will be a disaster in Scotland. That's my opinion and has f**k all to with "SNP spin", whatever the f**k that is. Thanks for acting like a fanny though.

I'm expressing MY personal opinion which means I DO have a mind of my own. Murphy will be a disaster in Scotland. That's my opinion and has f**k all to with "SNP spin", whatever the f**k that is. Thanks for acting like a fanny though.

Oh dear would I appear to have hit some kind of nerve there, pity you just sound exactly the same as all the other "nats" on here, own opinion, really

Archived