Support for 2nd independence referendum

Colkitto

Tubbs should spam every thread regarding this issue methinks.

Yes I could accept that it is complete rubbish; or I could spend time denying it existed, claim its just discussion and not a pledge, or state it was merely the comment of a single individual, not a pledge or a

Commitment, or ask for evidence or try any way possible to deflect or ignore the point etc etc etc

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know they certainly didn't pledge that it would be a once in a lifetime vote. Tubbs was making out that it was written in stone in the white paper as if it was actual policy. This is quite clearly bullshit. A figure of speech saying something is a once in a lifetime opportunity doesn't mean that it will never happen again or that it was some sort of pledge that needs to be stuck to. He knows it, I know it, everyone knows it.

So you are saying it isn't but you don't actually know, having not checked yourself?

:thumsup2:thumsup2 I suspect he has actually read it, as he is now lying about 'stone' and 'policy' stuff which reeks of actually finally looking for himself having been embarrassed by his own ignorance. Or maybe not.

:thumsup2:thumsup2 I suspect he has actually read it, as he is now lying about 'stone' and 'policy' stuff which reeks of actually finally looking for himself having been embarrassed by his own ignorance. Or maybe not.

You made out that it was in the white paper as if it was a pledge. Where was it ? Was it between the childcare pledge and the removal of trident pledge ?

You made out that it was in the white paper as if it was a pledge. Where was it ? Was it between the childcare pledge and the removal of trident pledge ?

You have read it then :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol: ? Or did you get someone else to read it for you perhaps?

Why not just shuffle off quietly or just a quiet apology and we will say no more about it.

You have read it then :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol: ? Or did you get someone else to read it for you perhaps?

Why not just shuffle off quietly or just a quiet apology and we will say no more about it.

I didn't read anything, certainly not today.

I must say, I'm totally gutted that there won't be another referendum in my lifetime because Salmond used a figure of speech on the tele :(

Gutted.

I didn't read anything, certainly not today.

I must say, I'm totally gutted that there won't be another referendum in my lifetime because Salmond used a figure of speech on the tele :(

Gutted.

You must be pleased with yourself now that you are back to your unbelievable claim of 'I don't know anything about the white paper and I am not going to read it - I'm just going to spout my uninformed opinion because I can'. Most idiots don't shout about their ignorance.

He didn't make the claim. It's the job of the bullshitter to back up their bullshit or be dismissed out of hand.

Yes, lets encourage a lack of awareness about independence; lets encourage people to say repeatedly that a key document doesn't contain certain things and for that person to then be proud that they haven't even read it.

Yes I could accept that it is complete rubbish; or I could spend time denying it existed, claim its just discussion and not a pledge, or state it was merely the comment of a single individual, not a pledge or a

Commitment, or ask for evidence or try any way possible to deflect or ignore the point etc etc etc

Just accept that when a politician states once in a generation they are really defining a generation as the term of the parliament. Salmond, Milliband and Cameron have all used this phrase to mean anything but a generation (by any normal definition).

Just accept that when a politician states once in a generation they are really defining a generation as the term of the parliament. Salmond, Milliband and Cameron have all used this phrase to mean anything but a generation (by any normal definition).

I don't agree with that; it is rhetoric/lies to over dramatise the specific situation in question and mislead people into thinking this is a more important and longer lasting decision that it actually is. But you are right they all do it, so not sure if that balances it out.

Archived