Charges for carrier bags

Don't really mind this, if it helps the environment, but why do they need to fell half an Amazonian rain forest to make a receipt these days?

I made a single purchase of one item at £4.25 the other day and the receipt was 7 inches long!!

Also, does this move leave the door open for a new fashion craze for trousers with extra large pooches?

post-25568-0-03490400-1414765293_thumb.j

post-25568-0-31143500-1414765315_thumb.j

Discuss

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't really bother me at the supermarket or whatever because if I've bought enough stuff to need bags then I don't mind the 5p per bag. Helping the environment and all that, no bother, it's worth the use.

It's getting charged 5p for dog bags and take-away food, be it some place like McDonald's or my local take-away that annoys me more. No logic behind the nuisance though. Can only be a good thing in the long run I suppose.

I done that last week I paid for one bag but took six

Tesco in Falkirk have the bags monitored by an employee.

You have to get them to come over at the bit where you are choosing how many to buy.

An absolute nonsense.

You have to get them to come over at the bit where you are choosing how many to buy.

An absolute nonsense.

Go over before you start scanning stuff and when it asked how many bags just say what ever you wish to pay.

I would use the word "monitored" loosely as most of them are useless.

H_B, on 31 Oct 2014 - 14:35, said:

An absolute nonsense.

In Dundee you have to go over to a member of staff and ask for how many bags you would like before/after going to the self-scan bit. Just slowing down the process entirely which I thought was the whole point of self-scanning - to make things faster.

In Dundee you have to go over to a member of staff and ask for how many bags you would like before/after going to the self-scan bit. Just slowing down the process entirely which I thought was the whole point of self-scanning - to make things faster.

Yep. This now means that the staff members who previously scurried about sorting the numerous "unexpected item in bagging area" pish are now busy guarding carrier bags like gold bullion.

Anyone who has a problem with the bag charge shits the bed and has to wear special pishy pants when going out, the fucking barking clapping braying fuckfaced morons.

Meds naw working yet?

You're correct though, make poor people give money to supermarkets. Great idea.

Down at the local Waitrose every Torquil and Iona has their hessian bags to take home their quials' eggs and Quionoa mind.

DA Baracus, on 31 Oct 2014 - 15:40, said:

Anyone who has a problem with the bag charge shits the bed and has to wear special pishy pants when going out, the fucking barking clapping braying fuckfaced morons.

^^^ Found employment as a bag guard IMO.

Meds naw working yet?

Down at the local Waitrose every Torquil and Iona has their hessian bags to take home their quials' eggs and Quionoa mind.

Or just take reusable bags when you go shopping.

Meds naw working yet?

5p. The bage are 5p.

take home their quials' eggs and Quionoa mind.

Quails' eggs and Quinoa

Maybe when the government get round to collecting Amazon's taxes, they could do something about the oversized boxes they send items out in.

We got 3 sheets of A4 plastic film in a box 15" x 15" x 4" earlier this week.

Don't mind paying in supermarkets. Now in the habit of keeping some bags in the car.

It's the charge for fully recyclable paper bags that grinds my gears.

I thought the charges were only for plastic?

It's a bullshit system which has forced me to be less environmentally friendly as I will now drive home to get bags for life even though I used to re-use all carrier bags as bin bags, thus recycling them anyway.

Nanny state c***s.

Archived