Wildlife Photography

Last year I bought a new camera and was able to start taking photos of a subject that has fascinated me ever since I was a boy. I want to post wildlife photos, especially insects and spiders which are my great love. Feel free to add any you may have taken apart from "Bears".

First up is a gorgeous little female zebra spider - "Salticus scenicus". From front to back it is about 3mm or 1/8th of an inch long.

Unless you are photographing fucking enormous animals you really need a fucking enormous lens.

Take this photograph of a sparrow that I took as an example. It took me literally 40 minutes of my life to take it because the wee b*****d kept flying away as I approached within range of my quite big but not fucking enormous lens. At the end of the day it's a not bad photograph of a sparrow but I could probably have put that time to better use. That and it's a sparrow.

Sparrow_Largs_PS.jpg

I got a fancy camera for my 21st last year and have been putting it to good use in terms of wildlife photography.

These photos I took are the absolute pick of the bunch IMO. A juvenile Kestrel which was just chilling on the cliff face. I peeked over the edge and pointed the camera down at him. He wasn't even bothered by my presence, just peered up at me.

10351747_776270509079761_171355248638511

10500381_776270429079769_307424783036698

Edited by jamamafegan

• 1 year later...