Arbroath vs Queens Park

shelldon and simonlitchie smoky bacon also,and a few others are at least giving qp respect,some fans from most teams talk one load of shit,i wish the sensible arbroath fans all the very best this season,we are very much work in progress and our team merit every respect,arbroath fans to me are some of the best,very nice people.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official match stats show posession as 55/45 so not quite a walkover. More interestingly; Arbroath 16 shots with 4 on target. QP 9 and 6. Six shots on target against four, there's your problem gentlemen. And that's hardly hanging on if we had six shots on target. Maybe your players and coaches might reflect that somebody came to town and asked some hard questions and they didn't have all the answers. If you want to be champions a wee jolt here and there won't do you any harm. See you back at Hampden in the new year.

Correct in your quote the we didn't have all the answers to your tactics. As I posted earlier we are so wasteful with the chances we create. A little more composure needed. If this law of averages everyone talks about is true, somebody is going to get an absolute tanking from us soon. Next week will do. A reality check and a spur to us to work harder at finishing. C'MON LICHTIES

yes ecto you had numerous chances,but our goalie did well,so credit to him,but when we scored early thought later on 60-80 min a draw may have been final outcome,as you had a gd few chances and were pressuring our defense then,but do not be disheartened you will not lose many games this season and wish you and ourselves a gd season,1&2 would be nice and the way we are going about business,i feel if we continue in this form we could be thereabouts.all the best guys

yes ecto you had numerous chances,but our goalie did well,so credit to him,but when we scored early thought later on 60-80 min a draw may have been final outcome,as you had a gd few chances and were pressuring our defense then,but do not be disheartened you will not lose many games this season and wish you and ourselves a gd season,1&2 would be nice and the way we are going about business,i feel if we continue in this form we could be thereabouts.all the best guys

I am in no way disheartened at all by yesterday game, believe this will do us no harm at all

A game we should have got something from,But if you don t take your chances you don t draw/win games,Queen hit us with the early goal,but we never really got going until the 2nd half,where we seemed to sky a lot of our chances over the bar when it was easier to score or hit the target.Liked the look of Queen s No.2 Shaun Rooney.

Cannot believe we let ourselves get beat by that garbage yesterday they are useless yet we made so many errors of judgement we gave them the win and don't get started on the ref and linesmen hope the they had a good knees up with the QP boys when they got back SHOCKING BIASED should never be allowed to ref again.

I can sympathise with any supporters whose team had so much possession and created as many half chances as Arbroath and failed to turn them into real goal scoring chances. Your team got what they deserved.

My team got what they deserved.

Having given 110% for the cause, to a man they never gave up or lost heart despite some relentless pressure at times in both halves.

But to call us "garbage" is a bit much............you're not a Clyde fan in disguise ??

More than half of the garbage that taught you a lesson in taking chances were playing Junior football last season, and the guy who scored the winner was playing for Bannockburn Amateurs.

The main man yesterday was Gus McPherson - I thought he set Queen's Park up superbly, of course the early goal shaped the way they played, especially in the second half, but the constant high line and doubling up on our key players whenever they had a chance to go on a run throughout the 90 minutes saw us struggle to break them down at times and was the difference (alongside poor finishing from ourselves). However, as I'm sure QP fans would agree, the result could have easily been any of the 3 possible outcomes and a very solid defensive, disiplined and tactically astute performance got the win on the day.

I know Philip0402 is not representative of Arbroath fans, and us Queens fans who regularly make the trips up to the seaside appreciate the fair response from the majority of Arbroath fans, you give credit where it is due.

I 'm sure all Queens fans would agree that most Arbroath fans have taken their disappointing result on the chin and came up trumps in their praise for Queens.

As for Gus's tactics, I'm sure they went out the window after 2 minutes. And credit to our inexperienced squad (at this level) for digging in and getting a result. Compared to last season, when it was difficult to select anyone, choosing the man of the match is a joy, yesterday it could have been any one of half a dozen. Their team spirit after so few games together inspires the support, and no doubt each other.

As for Arbroath, best team we've faced in the league by far. An experienced and capable squad and I reckon you'll be there at the end of the season.

Hope we're not far behind, next season has go to be our target.

As for opposing fans.............reckon Arbroath's definitely top the league.

Great performance and superb effort; certainly it was backs-against-the-wall for much of the second half, but the game's about defending as well as attacking. Arbroath's shooting let them down, but them's the breaks.

Very happy with the loan signing as Berry will be a problem to replace. No passengers for us yesterday and particularly pleased for Fotheringham. Great to be back to celebrating good wins.

Steak and black pudding pies.....almost worth missing the first goal for. Best fitba food since the chicken pakora at Firs Park.

Pre and post match

Possibly chatted to one of us then. I remember spaeking to some supporters who were asking me what Cliftonhill was like as they were going next week. Sure my description didn't do it justice!

As for t-shirts - an attempt to put some humour into an unfortunate situation where fans pulled up for supposed pitch incursion at Gretna. Had escalated to the point where some fans were having Football (Offences) Act 1991 quoted at them. Ridiculous enough without even considering the fact that is an Act only applicable in England and Wales!

Hopefully wiser heads will prevail from now.

I can sympathise with any supporters whose team had so much possession and created as many half chances as Arbroath and failed to turn them into real goal scoring chances. Your team got what they deserved.

My team got what they deserved.

Having given 110% for the cause, to a man they never gave up or lost heart despite some relentless pressure at times in both halves.

But to call us "garbage" is a bit much............you're not a Clyde fan in disguise ??

More than half of the garbage that taught you a lesson in taking chances were playing Junior football last season, and the guy who scored the winner was playing for Bannockburn Amateurs.

I know Philip0402 is not representative of Arbroath fans, and us Queens fans who regularly make the trips up to the seaside appreciate the fair response from the majority of Arbroath fans, you give credit where it is due.

I 'm sure all Queens fans would agree that most Arbroath fans have taken their disappointing result on the chin and came up trumps in their praise for Queens.

As for Gus's tactics, I'm sure they went out the window after 2 minutes. And credit to our inexperienced squad (at this level) for digging in and getting a result. Compared to last season, when it was difficult to select anyone, choosing the man of the match is a joy, yesterday it could have been any one of half a dozen. Their team spirit after so few games together inspires the support, and no doubt each other.

As for Arbroath, best team we've faced in the league by far. An experienced and capable squad and I reckon you'll be there at the end of the season.

Hope we're not far behind, next season has go to be our target.

As for opposing fans.............reckon Arbroath's definitely top the league.

I don't really think your garbage I was just pissed off at the result in truth you's had the perfect game plan and also have a couple of decent players had we had our shooting boots on probably would have been a different result but we didn't and got napping early doors and the classic counterattack sucker punch will pressing for the equalizer.I was down at the first game between us and I must say a much improved team from then so well done here's to the next game. CLYDE SUPPORTER IN DISGUISE (you having a laugh)

League 2 football can be a brutal watch... Allan Moore get us out of here!!!!!!

If only we could all aspire to be as big time as you

Did you expect us to bend over and accept a spanking? Maybe you should take it as a compliment the way your pressure forced us to play at times on Saturday which wasn’t typical of how we have been getting wins this season ( read the league 2 stats thread) There is a reason after all why you’re top of the league; you’re quite a good side. After the shitfest Queen’s fans were forced to watch last season I know the majority couldn’t give a toss how we win matches, just being competitive again is enough. Absolutely delighted at how we are doing.

If only we could all aspire to be as big time as you

Did you expect us to bend over and accept a spanking? Maybe you should take it as a compliment the way your pressure forced us to play at times on Saturday which wasn’t typical of how we have been getting wins this season ( read the league 2 stats thread) There is a reason after all why you’re top of the league; you’re quite a good side. After the shitfest Queen’s fans were forced to watch last season I know the majority couldn’t give a toss how we win matches, just being competitive again is enough. Absolutely delighted at how we are doing.

And rightly so. The boys at the back on Saturday threw there selves in front of everything. I was very impressed with the big number 5. Looks a very decent player at this level

Possibly chatted to one of us then. I remember spaeking to some supporters who were asking me what Cliftonhill was like as they were going next week. Sure my description didn't do it justice!

As for t-shirts - an attempt to put some humour into an unfortunate situation where fans pulled up for supposed pitch incursion at Gretna. Had escalated to the point where some fans were having Football (Offences) Act 1991 quoted at them. Ridiculous enough without even considering the fact that is an Act only applicable in England and Wales!

Hopefully wiser heads will prevail from now.

I think we did indeed have a chat after the game. Hope you boys enjoyed your day

Archived