Aberdeen v Celtic 9th November

I'm 61 and I can't remember it happening either. When did it become established practice?

I would think that this sort of thing only came about within the last 7 or 8 years ago, JG. Certainly nothing like this happened during the 50s through to the 2000s, as far as i'm aware.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think that this sort of thing only came about within the last 7 or 8 years ago, JG. Certainly nothing like this happened during the 50s through to the 2000s, as far as i'm aware.

^^^^ 1850's ;)

What?

You'll need to be more clear about what needs clarification. The actions of the British Army in Ireland is the reason some people disrespect the silence, if you scratch the surface Iraq and Afghanistan are afterthoughts imo.

Disgusted to hear McInnes talking about how Logan "allegedly" made abusive remarks to the 4th official.

The 4th man has nothing to gain by making up stories, so McInnes must be implying that the ref may be lying. Shocking behaviour, disgraceful.

Never......, refs never lie do they?

Northern Irish people who have a problem with British army for reasons related to the troubles I can see there point and where they are coming from as that is a completely different situation , however that is completely different from some mutant brought up in Royston, Croy, Coatbridge etc who use it as an excuse to give their backwards bigoted agenda some sort of meaning.

Point of order here, FB, Henrik is from Coatbridge..............then again. :P

You'll need to be more clear about what needs clarification. The actions of the British Army in Ireland is the reason some people disrespect the silence, if you scratch the surface Iraq and Afghanistan are afterthoughts imo.

Troubles must have been tough going growing up in Royston , hundreds of miles away from a shot being fired for ra faithfull

Why do you think the Celtic fans were singling out Logan for abuse?

None-too-bright football-related tribalism?

I know it's a bit of a stretch, since stupid my-team-right-or-wrong partisanship is practically unheard of in football, but I suggest that it's a possibility.

Wtf are you on about? I asked when the minute's silence on the weekend closest to Rememberance Sunday became established practice at football matches, not why some folk think it's a good idea to disrupt it.

Bloody Sunday happened in January 1972, for an example. From that time until fairly recently, maybe 8 years ago or so, we never seen this sort of disrespect towards Remembrance Day, why has there been such an upsurge in this time as opposed to the 70s, 80s, 90s.

Bloody Sunday happened in January 1972, for an example. From that time until fairly recently, maybe 8 years ago or so, we never seen this sort of disrespect towards Remembrance Day, why has there been such an upsurge in this time as opposed to the 70s, 80s, 90s.

This is pure nonsense. Poppy Day had nothing to do with football until recent years. That could be why that as you call it nonsense began.

Wtf are you on about? I asked when the minute's silence on the weekend closest to Rememberance Sunday became established practice at football matches, not why some folk think it's a good idea to disrupt it.

I addressed that question and then added another point flowing from the previous. I've been able to follow the conversation but clearly you haven't and have got your panties in a bunch as a result.

Quite a good game of fitba that today. Glad to see the heads didn't go down after losing the first goal, seemed to rally round, players looked really up for it today which is always a good sign, got what we deserved in the end I'd say. Izzy could have walked, Brown shouldn't have. Nae harm to the big man, but Zaluska is murder.

Disappointing that there are those who cannot keep quiet for 60 seconds, but that was no real big surprise. Unfortunately there is a section of our support who seem hell bent on causing embarrassment.

Fume. Didn't do enough to win but never deserved to lose.

Did Griffiths have a we kick out at Shay towards the end and how about Pawlett getting a penalty in the first few minutes?

Derek spoke well after the match,the goals lost were our responsibility, despite ridiculous decisions from the officials.

Hard to take but at least i'm not a celtic fan, base creatures superior only to the cretins on here defending them.

This is pure nonsense. Poppy Day had nothing to do with football until recent years. That could be why that as you call it nonsense began.

Agreed - the Remembrance at football is definitely a post-Diana phenomenon and in my opinion it has been part of the PR response to greater criticism of British military actions around the world.

Archived