Alloa Athletic v Livingston - Petrofac Cup Final Rehearsal

With Cowdenbeath still in the league you have a fighting chance of avoiding automatic relegation. Still needing a couple of quality loan players who can make a difference. Cowdens loan players showed their worth when they horsed us a few weeks back.

You think Alloa won't be scrapping it out down the bottom?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think Alloa won't be scrapping it out down the bottom?

We will be there or thereabouts. As I said we would feel we have a fighting chance of avoiding automatic relegation with your mob still in the league. I'm sure you feel the same with regards us being in the league?

We will be there or thereabouts. As I said we would feel we have a fighting chance of avoiding automatic relegation with your mob still in the league. I'm sure you feel the same with regards us being in the league?

I think the same about a few teams. Livi and yourselves are two of them. Dumbarton are in dreadful form and Raiths early season bubble looks to have burst. I really think Livi will struggle this season though. The squad isn't great and off field antics won't be doing them any favours.

I think the same about a few teams. Livi and yourselves are two of them. Dumbarton are in dreadful form and Raiths early season bubble looks to have burst. I really think Livi will struggle this season though. The squad isn't great and off field antics won't be doing them any favours.

An interesting few months lie ahead for all the teams you mentioned there. Do you have all these boys on loan for the full season?

An interesting few months lie ahead for all the teams you mentioned there. Do you have all these boys on loan for the full season?

2 are on emergency and TBH they aren't much kop so not fussed about keeping them. When Armstring is back we won't need Fraser any more. Hughes is no better than the midfielders we have and is injured anyway. The two boys up front are ours until Jan. McCoist didn't want Gallacher cup-tied so I'd guess he wants him back which is a shame. He'll be lucky to get on the bench at Ibrox. Can't see Oyenuga near the Dundee United first team so would think we could keep him.

2 are on emergency and TBH they aren't much kop so not fussed about keeping them. When Armstring is back we won't need Fraser any more. Hughes is no better than the midfielders we have and is injured anyway. The two boys up front are ours until Jan. McCoist didn't want Gallacher cup-tied so I'd guess he wants him back which is a shame. He'll be lucky to get on the bench at Ibrox. Can't see Oyenuga near the Dundee United first team so would think we could keep him.

Would like to see us get a few boys on loan who could make a difference

Was surprised to see us leapfrog Dumbarton yesterday too. So far, our goals for & against columns are looking pretty decent compared to the other part-timers.

Our goals for and against columns are looking okay just now, but we have still to play Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all away from home. Perhaps having ran all three very close at home (infact we were very close to taking 9 points from them instead of the 4 we eventually earned) then it may give those teams something to think about for their home games against us and they'd perhaps be happy with any sort of win compared to absolutely humping us. Would be nice to put a spanner in the works though and get a point at one of those places. The home games against Falkirk, Dumbarton and Queens are much more important fixtures for us however.

Only just noticed that Kane Hemmings isn't getting much of a chance at Barnsley. Think there's a chance of him coming back on loan?

No chance. If Barnsley wanted to send him out there's loads of full-time clubs in England he could go to at a far better standard than the Scottish Championship.

Would like to see us get a few boys on loan who could make a difference

It's entirely possible that Bazza's focused on improving what we have, rather than giving experience to someone who'll be gone in a few months. It's not like we're in dire straits. It's worth considering if we fall apart between now and January, but I don't think that's going to happen.

(fingers crossed)

No chance. If Barnsley wanted to send him out there's loads of full-time clubs in England he could go to at a far better standard than the Scottish Championship.

Ah well. Maybe we'll put in a sneaky offer :ph34r:

60 second match highlights

Alloa Athletic 1-0 Livingston
SPFL Championship
Saturday 8th November 2014

Thanks, looks like some of the chances at the railway end were closer than they appeared. Will be interested to see the full highlights; it was a good game.

I feel dirty trying to cheer up a Livi fan, but...your crowds and facilities imply you're a Championship club with potential to move higher.

You have a history of being created and run by rogues and vagabonds, however. Are there other teams in Livingston, just out of curiosity?

Our crowds? You are actually having a laugh, yes? We had around 300 season tickets sold last season, and approx three times that this season, what with the advent of the bigger clubs visiting. We didn't reach 6k when Rangers visited, and had 2666 when Hibs came. Both Saturday kickoffs. When Hearts and Rangers inevitably get promoted, our ST sales will half at best. Despite some hairbrained and some not so hairbrained schemes over the years with regards getting folk through the door, the West Lothian public have very rarely bought into Livingston FC. It's neither wonder though, when the club hardly have a stellar record when it comes to engaging with the public.

With regards the stadium - it's a shadow of itself. It's a cracking atmosphere when full, but that's invariably games where Livi aren't involved. It's also showing its age, highlighted when Rangers visited. It used to make the club lots of money, with weekly car boot sales, the nightclub under one stand, function suites always being used, five a side pitches - all gone.

Twenty odd years ago, Meadowbank Thistle went awry due to public apathy and the whims of its owner. The way it seems to me, and it's maybe just because the nights are drawing in and I'm a grumpy git, but right now I'm struggling to see much of a future for the club. And that's not just because we're on a dreadful run.

60 second match highlights

Full match highlights

Alloa Athletic 1-0 Livingston
SPFL Championship
Saturday 8th November 2014

Quality, well done.

Gallagher must have invoked an ancient satanic curse to be sent off for such a brief contretemps.

Wasps1 did you announce the sending off? Sounds like it on the highlights!

The only time I can ever remember an announcer doing that was when Scotland played some diddy nation a few years back (Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Cyprus?) and the announcer announced all the bookings :lol:

Archived