Scotland Announce squad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis Macleod set to be named in squad

I'd be quite happy with that. He's definitely got a big future and we're as well getting him involved, even if it's just like May/Gauld in the last squad. Strachan introducing these young guys into the squad is a massive plus point IMO.

Exactly. I can sense a chip on the shoulder meltdown on the way from some folk, but Strachan has made a point of calling up young players for experience and I think it makes a lot of sense. The likes of Armstrong, Gauld, McGregor, May and now McLeod are likely to be a big part of our squad in the future so it makes sense for them to get involved early.

post-1545-14151029385811_thumb.jpg

MacLeod should be nowhere near the Scotland A squad. No doubt one of the better quality Rangers players but should be playing top flight football to be considered. Is he still eligible for the u21s?

Is this justification for Strachan's peculiar comments yesterday?

attachicon.gif1415102936919.jpg

MacLeod should be nowhere near the Scotland A squad. No doubt one of the better quality Rangers players but should be playing top flight football to be considered. Is he still eligible for the u21s?

Is this justification for Strachan's peculiar comments yesterday?

Why not? He's a young player with potential, he won't get a game, he'll just be in the squad for experience and to allow Strachan to take a look at him.

He's done the same with Gauld, Robertson at the time and McGregor. Hardly a surprise he's done it again

Archived