UKIP

Im_Rodger

I have no idea how Ukip is still a thing. A party which when formed tried to get votes from middle-class tories and when failed tried to get votes from working class labour voters. Now they're failing at that where do they go?

Another one who can't read a poll properly. 12% of the total vote is not a failure to capture a demographic. It's a failure to adapt to the realities of FPTP, yes, but it's far from a failure to bring in working class ex-Labour voters. In fact, given that Nigel Farage (the only really visible face of the party) is a rubber-faced, proto-Cameron, miscegenating, petit bourgeois, pro-economic-migrant, politically-correct charlatan, they did remarkably well. If they went full nativist and full leftist they'd do far, far better than they actually did.

All Ukip needs is a suitably gobby leader who's not afraid to talk like the man in the Wetherspoons and you're looking at 20% of the popular vote and 20 seats north of Watford.

Those who doubt me should start reading up on Donald Trump's base of support. Think you're immune from it? You're not. Think it's funny that a reality TV star and erstwhile rentier is a top-three favorite for the US presidency? You're one intelligent candidate away from the same in Downing Street.

I can see where Swampy is coming from, I used to bother arguing with my cousin on fb who spouted loads of ukip tripe. Him being white working class, same as me like. Except I'm no longer living in greater Manchester. What our Michael struggled to understand was the concept that ukip wasn't going to better his working pay or conditions they simply blame Europe as the cause of him being in a shit job on shit wages. Oh & immigration of course. I nice little scapegoat used since the right wing came into existence.

Now Jezza is fronting the Labour Party he's got a chance of seeing how ridiculous ukip's policies are. Hopefully my cuz can wipe away that ukip shite that has been baffling him now.

Grimbo

Another one who can't read a poll properly. 12% of the total vote is not a failure to capture a demographic. It's a failure to adapt to the realities of FPTP, yes, but it's far from a failure to bring in working class ex-Labour voters. In fact, given that Nigel Farage (the only really visible face of the party) is a rubber-faced, proto-Cameron, miscegenating, petit bourgeois, pro-economic-migrant, politically-correct charlatan, they did remarkably well. If they went full nativist and full leftist they'd do far, far better than they actually did.

All Ukip needs is a suitably gobby leader who's not afraid to talk like the man in the Wetherspoons and you're looking at 20% of the popular vote and 20 seats north of Watford.

bla bla... Poor us... Bla bla

• 2 weeks later...

U jocks qualified for the European championships? ??.Enjoy your independence next June. The rest of the UK are off to France

Aye like I've not seen that a hundred times. Congratulations

U jocks qualified for the European championships? ??.Enjoy your independence next June. The rest of the UK are off to France

Could've said your team was home alone in the rugby world cup but it would technically be wrong. What has happened is you silly c***s got locked out your own house party.

Why put yourself through this every 2 years. You're not very good at football just give up and stick to sheepshagging

Perhaps the same reason you go through the humiliation of tournament football every two years only to come home after a couple of disappointing weeks on the piss and another huge anti climax. 'At least we got there' !? Aye fair enough, but it can't be much of a consolation though surely? Romp through a piss poor group only to fall apart again once the competitive stuff starts.

• 2 weeks later...

The UKIP candidates received more votes in the UK than the SNP yet the SNP hold 56 seats

A serious overhaul of the electoral system needs put in place

Maybe UKIP should have confined their fielding of candidates and concentration of effort to a region or area in which people might actually elect them in numbers. Where would that be, though?