UKIP

Im_Rodger

The UKIP candidates received more votes in the UK than the SNP yet the SNP hold 56 seats

A serious overhaul of the electoral system needs put in place

They only got a majority in one constituency. Why should they represent a constituency that wanted someone else?

• 3 weeks later...

UKIP on the brink of bankruptcy, according to various media outlets this evening. They're putting it down to dwindling membership and the withdrawal of key backers

Can't say I'm overly upset at the thought of Nigel Farage, looking an even bigger cock-socket than he already does.

UKIP on the brink of bankruptcy, according to various media outlets this evening. They're putting it down to dwindling membership and the withdrawal of key backers

Can't say I'm overly upset at the thought of Nigel Farage, looking an even bigger cock-socket than he already does.

The BBC will probably be more upset than Farage at this news.

fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5

• 4 weeks later...

Why on earth is Farage still leader and so prized by UKIP? Despite being a constant media presence, his party continually fails to actually gain a meaningful parliamentary presence (just as he continually fails to get elected, even in personally-chosen seats). Has it not occurred to these people that maybe he isn't the Fairy Godfather they seem to think?

Why on earth is Farage still leader and so prized by UKIP? Despite being a constant media presence, his party continually fails to actually gain a meaningful parliamentary presence (just as he continually fails to get elected, even in personally-chosen seats). Has it not occurred to these people that maybe he isn't the Fairy Godfather they seem to think?

I think we all know who should take his place

1117212765.jpg

Much as it's fun to laugh at the Lib Dems, the term "busted flush" is much more appropriate here. At least the Liberals were something once.

UKIP's political earthquake amounted to nothing. Pleasing.

I see the Lib Dem vote share increased by 0.01% in the Oldham by-election. They are on their way back!

UKIP totally humiliated once again. As are the UK media, desperate for a UKIP win or near-miss to feed into their right wing narrative re: Corbyn and the grassroots Labour membership.

All they have left is Nigel's trembling bottom lip about the postal votes and some racist whataboutery of Labour's alleged dependence on the S Asian diaspora vote.

#unlucks

UKIP, SNP. Breakaway, do it yourself, better off. . ZZZZZZZ. At least UKIP has a leader with an IQ over 125, unlike the SNP.

Are either of those things true and does having a high IQ make someone anymore qualified to be a good party leader?

• 2 weeks later...

Douglas Carswell has said Farage should stand down but that he doesn't want to be leader.

Carswell isn't stupid, he knows that having Farage as the face of UKIP and as a leader of the Leave/Out campaign is a big weakness. Farage doesn't have any room for growth in terms of popularity and I think he's much reduced politically after 2015. He failed to win a seat in Parliament and his performance in the debates just solidified the minority of voters who have time for him while repulsing those who don't. Since the General Election he's been a disaster with his will he won't he resignation and the mess UKIP made of Oldham. His reaction to that (blame the Asians) has just reinforced his limits as a leader.

I don't think there's anyone in UKIP who can replace Farage though.

UKIP are beginning to implode I think. Carswell will be back in the Tory fold within the next few years, or will be out of politics altogether. He's really pressed at the moment, seeming to spend most of his day on twitter posting #cheerupfacts whilst on our wage bill.

Like all far-right groups, everyone wants to be the Fuhrer, and Farage is not for stepping down.