Fernando Ricksen

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did wrk really come on here to tell everyone about his donation and now lambasted others for doing the same?

I'm surprised that his donation post hasn't been deleted/edited yet.

Oh ffs take a day off. Of course you could have made your own one of donation without telling us all about it. You didnt though you made a post about it.

It is a fantastic gesture from Celtic and one i know that will be welcomed by all right thinking people.

You might possibly have a point about charity fund raising and societies responsibilities but do you really think this thread is the right place for your views?

There is enough negativity flying about regarding Rangers and Celtic at the moment. I think this will do nothing but good and remind people that it is only a game. There are far more important things in life

Go boil your head ya clown, one club has reached out to player from a rival club who has been struck down by a terrible disease and your slating it?? This is what football should be about, away from the 90 minutes of a competitive game we are all jock tamsons bairns with different struggles away from the games

WRK I just don't agree.

I think it was a great gesture from Celtic and I think what Sevco are doing for Ricksen is great too.

Great stunt, look at how many people are now talking about this. It's in all the papers, Celtic have helped Rangers out and raised awareness for the charities.

Stop overreacting, I'm sure you'll see me join in the pointing and laughing of Sevco just as much as anyone else on this forum but at the end of the day this is about more than football.

What they are doing here for such a good lad and ex employee should be applauded as should Celtics public donation.

I hope Sunday is a success.

Sorry if, as it seems, I've gone against the general opinion here. I gave mine, and you lads have quite reasonably given yours.

Yes, No8., I did post on here that I'd made a donation, and accompanied it with a link to the site so that others might do the same. In all honesty, and not having a dig here, I thought there was a chance some might donate who may have been wary about what happened with the AC Milan money. Seriously, not having a dig - you know I wouldn't miss the chance!

In no way am I criticising celtic's support of the match - simply the manner in which they made it so public. Not only that, but the press release says more about celtic's charity work and those associated with their club than it does about Fernando Ricksen. A simple "We fully support this worthy cause, here's ten grand" would have sat better with me.

And Lichtie, I really don't see how celtic have "helped rangers out" in this case. Unless you mean by increased press coverage, which takes me back to my original point.

I'll happily let it lie now, and hope that the game raises as much as possible. Oh, and here's that link again.

ETA: For all of you "catching me out", well done - a post on P&B (explained earlier in this post) isn't exactly a press release, is it? And if anyone knows how to hide direct debits on a joint account statement, let me know. Please, let me know. Seriously. ;)

You must be really torn here, ben. Nice gesture by "Them" but also a chance for a pop at WRK.

What to do?

Weekly reply time

I wonder if any other Scottish clubs will follow celtics lead?

Our board could easily afford to make a nice donation too

Weekly reply time

I wonder if any other Scottish clubs will follow celtics lead?

Our board could easily afford to make a nice donation too

How do you know other clubs, players, boards, backroom staff, etc. haven't already given their support?

I assume rangers will incur costs for opening the ground for a match - stewarding, etc.? I think they've acted quite decently, tbf.

How do you know other clubs, players, boards, backroom staff, etc. haven't already given their support?

I assume rangers will incur costs for opening the ground for a match - stewarding, etc.? I think they've acted quite decently, tbf.

Well obviously i don;t know and perhaps i should have worded it better.

A wee donation wouldn't hurt them, can't believe you are saying nice things about Rangers.

Thanks for you input and advice.

Well obviously i don;t know and perhaps i should have worded it better.

A wee donation wouldn't hurt them, can't believe you are saying nice things about Rangers.

Thanks for you input and advice.

A wee donation certainly won't hurt.

And, if you're feeling generous, these folk deserve all they can get as well.

Weekly reply time

1. I wonder if any other Scottish clubs will follow celtics lead?

2. Our board could easily afford to make a nice donation too

1. Probably not cos we're fucking awesome but I hope they do.

2. Hopefully they're covering most of the costs involved.

Talk to you next week.

AS a fundraising and tribute match takes place at Ibrox Stadium this Sunday, Celtic FC Foundation, the charitable arm of Celtic Football Club, today announced that it is to make a £10,000 donation in support of Fernando Ricksen, his family and Motor Neurone Disease Association Scotland.

The match takes place following the sad announcement in 2013 that Fernando Ricksen had been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: “We are pleased to be able to make a donation which will assist both Fernando’s family and MND Scotland.

"At Celtic, unfortunately we are all too familiar with MND and its devastating effects. Jimmy Johnstone, the man voted Celtic’s greatest ever player, fought bravely against this illness as did former player John Cushley, someone who gave so many years’ service to the Club.

"Through Celtic FC Foundation and our wider charitable work, we are also in contact with a number of supporters who are facing this disease. We have had a long association with charities which work to tackle MND and through this event we are pleased to be able to offer our support again.

"We would like also to take this opportunity to send our thoughts and best wishes to Fernando and his family.”

http://www.celticfc.net/news/7527

Great gesture from our friends in the East End.

Archived