Your team's worst player so far...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Johnston doesn't look like he's going to cut it.

And what do you base that ludicrous assessment on? He has the ability to make it at this level, but is being asked to play in a way that hinders his natural style IMHO. For me, his best position would be in a number ten role where he shone away to Aberdeen IIRC. His confidence is low at the moment and no wonder with shite like that being thrown his way.

Not really did much wrong, did well v celtic

There's clearly a player there, no-one would deny that. But the fact he's showed potential and now looks like he cbf pulling out the finger is very frustrating.

He's probably on par with Boyle in terms of ability, but the difference is Boyle puts in the effort even when things aren't going his way, whilst Roberts clearly just can't be arsed.

Clearly, Hartley knows this. And unless he has a major change in attitude I would put money on him not starting a game for the rest of the season

I'm going to throw Barry Robson's name into the mix.

It's probably all about expectations, but I've been disappointed with his contribution this season (admittedly he's not first choice for the starting line up).

Last season, I thought him and Flood working in tandem were great, this season, It just doesn't seem the same. Maybe it was the 4 4 2 formation, but whenever he appeared, we seemed to have to shuffle the entire team, to accommodate him.

Last season, I felt he was a calming influence (apart from when he got sent off), but this season, I'm seeing him more as a hinderance, that slows down our attack.

Hopefully, he'll prove me completely wrong.

Yours

aDONis

Cant argue with that, I dread him coming on these days, he just does to many stupid things in stupid places for me.

but Taylor just shades it imo

McDonald is the permanent placeholder as worst player at the club(unless we resign David Robertson any time soon) but considering we know he's capable of far better FBLC has to be up there. Gary Miller's been pretty shite as well.

I'd play McDonald ahead of Caddis every single day of the week tbh. Although Caddis still has time on his side.

Up till now our entire team, excluding Dan Twardzik and perhaps Craig Reid, have been absolutely gantin'

However Josh Law has to take the overall prize. A lot of guys have been off form, injured or had some questions asked if they are over the hill.

Josh Law just isn't a footballer.

McDonald is the permanent placeholder as worst player at the club(unless we resign David Robertson any time soon) but considering we know he's capable of far better FBLC has to be up there. Gary Miller's been pretty shite as well.

don't you dare mention Robbo in the same post as McDonald and Miller. Robbo is a club legend

Charlie Mulgrew. The likes of Tonev, Berget and Boerrigter have been very disappointing but there are extenuating circumstances in those cases (new signing/racism controversy, new signing/no game time, crocked). Mulgrew, on the contrary, is one of our most experienced players yet has churned in numerous abysmal performances and still finds himself in the starting 11 almost every week when fit.

I'd probably go for .. Phil Roberts.

Phil Roberts.

looks like he cbf pulling out the finger is very frustrating.

t Roberts clearly just can't be arsed.

Clearly, Hartley knows this. And unless he has a major change in attitude I would put money on him not starting a game for the rest of the season

Stunned at this tbh.

What on earth happened to him?

For a the first season up him and Balatoni were iffy at best. Mair was brought in and when paired with Balatoni the defence quality rose quite a fair bit.

Muirhead had a few chances this season but has fluffed everyone and seems to have a bad effect on Balatoni, who turns into a shambles when paired with him. He looks devoid of confidence and utterly out of his depth. Luckily won't get much playtime now we have two good CB's.

Archived