Football matches are like buses - Spartans vs Morton

Simplistic

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half an hour after the game I staggered out of a very happy clubhouse. Strachan was cheesing all the place. Players of both teams were welcomed and cheered by the fans. Unfortunately Duff Jimmy did not see this. He was sitting stoney-faced on the bus on his own. He did not seem to have a plan then either.

Final note of thanks to the Morton fans who came in numbers and helped make it a great atmosphere. We enjoyed our visit in July and hope they enjoyed our wee ground.

Going from the reports it sounds a bit like our recent league game against Morton, where in the first half Morton completely dominated and went in a goal up. Then in the second half for some reason stopped playing, sat back and let us into the game and if we'd had any quality up front would have got something from the game.

Morton will obviously finish in the top 2 which means there's no way Duffy will be getting punted any time soon. It would take a truly incompetant manager to make a full-time team finish below any part-timers in League One. Jefferies and Duffy are making a good fist of achieving this, but they'll still be 1 and 2 come the end of the season.

He's a crap footballer, playing at a crap level. As shown by your league's multiple pumpings by both Highland and Junior opposition in this very season. Spartans are probably the best team at this level, but it should hardly be controversial to point out that the standard is in fact very, very poor. If you have a problem with that then take note of how the remnants of your league fare in the cup this weekend, never mind the tanking Brora will dish out to the champions at the end of the season.

It shouldn't even be a big deal to note that the gulf between League One and the Lowland League is absolutely yawning.

Well no: he's a dreadful footballer, whose sole 'issue' among Morton fans is that he ever darkened the door of our once-proud football club.

At best he will wash up again at a League Two club: though it seems unlikely that he showed his worth in Broomhill's drubbing on Saturday.

VikingTon in September discussing Tony Wallace and the Lowland league...

'He's a crap footballer, playing at a crap level. As shown by your league's multiple pumpings by both Highland and Junior opposition in this very season. Spartans are probably the best team at this level, but it should hardly be controversial to point out that the standard is in fact very, very poor.'

post-14721-14173973157767_thumb.jpg

'He's a crap footballer, playing at a crap level. As shown by your league's multiple pumpings by both Highland and Junior opposition in this very season. Spartans are probably the best team at this level, but it should hardly be controversial to point out that the standard is in fact very, very poor.'

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1417397314.756074.jpg

Having his usual shocker I see. The phrase "bit in the arse" could have been coined for him.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1417397314.756074.jpg

I can only presume that you were attempting to make a point there, but given that absolutely nothing has in fact changed to make my assessment false, it has been as usual for yourself, a complete and utter failure.

Stick to racially abusing ethnic minorities in your 1950s hovel of a town champ.

Has Duffy fucked off yet?.And I thought I had saw it all at Turriff. Well done Spartans.To the wee arseholes that call themselves supporters don't come near a football ground again.

Bit odd that a Spartans fan has just complimented our support on the last page. What are you wittering on about?

Bit odd that a Spartans fan has just complimented our support on the last page. What are you wittering on about?

In fairness, there was a small number of Morton fans who were cringeworthy to say the least. One boy felt the need to actually sit on the pitch at one point. Just embarrassing stuff though, nothing more.

Have to say, it's one of the friendliest grounds I've ever been to. Nice wee set up there and they managed the crowd really well. Home fans were a really nice bunch as well.

In fairness, there was a small number of Morton fans who were cringeworthy to say the least. One boy felt the need to actually sit on the pitch at one point. Just embarrassing stuff though, nothing more.

Have to say, it's one of the friendliest grounds I've ever been to. Nice wee set up there and they managed the crowd really well. Home fans were a really nice bunch as well.

The boy that was sitting on the pitch got flung out he got let into the ground with a rucksack as well. :lol: I walked from Ferry Road to inside the ground next to that group pretty horrible bunch of kids but not exactly representative of the rest of the support.

The boy that was sitting on the pitch got flung out he got let into the ground with a rucksack as well. :lol: I walked from Ferry Road to inside the ground next to that group pretty horrible bunch of kids but not exactly representative of the rest of the support.

:lol::lol::lol:

What a bunch of despicable b*****ds.

Get them banned.

Archived