St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

TheScarf

Seems McGinn is fit - but is he available? November 6 suspension list from the SFA shows he and Goodwin have a one game Scottish Cup ban. November 20 list (new one hasn't been published) only shows Goodwin. Seems a bit odd.

The list from February 6 shows McGinn had a cup ban which he'd have served by missing the game against Dundee United we lost 2-1. Bit weird it started reappearing again.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at Love Street at that game too ICTChris. Think it was snowing, remember the gents toilet with no roof and the snow coming down as you stood at urinal. Very Highland league standards.

The gents toilet was one urinal, one toilet bowl, a sink and a metal bucket that the cleaner had left behind mop still present. All were being used when I went for a piss after the game, think I used the toilet bowl which in a cubical had no door and part of the ceiling and roof missing. I remember standing there looking outside through a gap in the wall watching the snow falling. How did Love Street pass its health and safety?.

Great day though, very good turn out from our support and remember how close the two sets of fans were sitting from each other and how constantly raging the Saints fans were at us through out the game especially when we cheered every time Ross Tokely touched the ball or made a challenge.

The gents toilet was one urinal, one toilet bowl, a sink and a metal bucket that the cleaner had left behind mop still present. All were being used when I went for a piss after the game, think I used the toilet bowl which in a cubical had no door and part of the ceiling and roof missing. I remember standing there looking outside through a gap in the wall watching the snow falling. How did Love Street pass its health and safety?.

Great day though, very good turn out from our support and remember how close the two sets of fans were sitting from each other and how constantly raging the Saints fans were at us through out the game especially when we cheered every time Ross Tokely touched the ball or made a challenge.

I note that was an OR not an AND :-).

Ross Draper and Marley Watkins are both suspended for us, after being sent off in our 5-0 thrashing by Dundee Utd earlier this year.

Unsure how we'll adapt our line up in their absence. Both will be big losses, especially Watkins, who has probably been our best player this season.

--------------------------------Brill---------------------------------

--Raven--------Meekings---------Warren---------Tremarco--

-------------------Tansey-------------Shinnie----------------------

------Vincent-------------Christie-------------Doran------------

--------------------------Mckay-------------------------------------------

Is an option. Shinnie has done a good job in midfield for us in the past and Hughes seems to like Vincent starting, even in the slightly unusual position of the right. We could play Danny Williams in the Shinnie role, with Shinnie replacing Tremarco or Williams could start in place of Vincent. I think we'll probablyu stick as closely as possible to the XI that played so well at the weekend.

Ross Draper and Marley Watkins are both suspended for us, after being sent off in our 5-0 thrashing by Dundee Utd earlier this year.

Unsure how we'll adapt our line up in their absence. Both will be big losses, especially Watkins, who has probably been our best player this season.

--------------------------------Brill---------------------------------

--Raven--------Meekings---------Warren---------Tremarco--

-------------------Tansey-------------Shinnie----------------------

------Vincent-------------Christie-------------Doran------------

--------------------------Mckay-------------------------------------------

Is an option. Shinnie has done a good job in midfield for us in the past and Hughes seems to like Vincent starting, even in the slightly unusual position of the right. We could play Danny Williams in the Shinnie role, with Shinnie replacing Tremarco or Williams could start in place of Vincent. I think we'll probablyu stick as closely as possible to the XI that played so well at the weekend.

It's Tansey that's suspended not Draper for this one. ;)

Wasn't confident for Motherwell last week and I'm exactly the same this week. Still think we'll win but it won't be as cut and dried as most think I reckon.

2-1 ICT

6/1 for Saints to win and Thommo to score. :lol:

Apparently McGinn, Thommo and Osbourne are all back in training. I'd just give them another week if there's any doubts over their fitness.

I definitely wouldn't play Thompson today, although I have a bad feeling he'll be rushed back and will pick up another injury.

I have a bad feeling he'll be rushed back and will pick up another injury.

My thoughts exactly. He should never have taken an injection to play a cup game against a team two leagues below us when he broke down last time though, so I imagine a desperate TC will throw him in if there's a sniff of him being fit.

We haven't created anything of note. Lacking any real width so far. Williams and Ross are pretty much playing as central midfielders.

Awful half time entertainment here. Messages about cancer and suicide being played over the tannoy.

HT 1-0 to the good guys.

Been a rubbish game to be honest, with no chances apart from the goal. Great bit of quality from us though, superb ball from Naismith and delightful finish from McAusland.

What a difference those 3 coming back have made to us though (Thommo, McGinn and Osbourne) what a presence Osbourne is in the middle of the park.

This team has rightly came in for criticism recently, but goodness me they've came out fighting today.

Big second half coming up... A cup run would be a fantastic bonus for us. Come on!!!

Archived