Jackie Mc's Goslings Vs AJ's Stuttering Ayrshiremen

I think the overwhelming majority of Arabs, including those who were pleased to see him subbed yesterday, appreciates how good a player Ciftci is. On his day he is an excellent striker. It's his constant, and I do mean constant, antics that frustrate so much.

These include, trying to do everything himself, shooting when he should pass, turning his back on the game, failing to get himself back onside quickly enough once an attack has broken down, and going in the huff (or at least appearing to).

Of course with his obvious ability if he didn't have these traits he wouldn't be playing at United. At the same time if he has ambition to play at a higher level he needs to rid himself of these weaknesses in his game.

I really think that if we were to bring in another striker who is not just seen as a back up player but can challenge Ciftci for first choice then we may get the best from him. As things stand he knows he will continue to be first pick regardless of how he plays.

A million times this.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to go back a grand total of 1 game to find the last time cifti wasn't picked in the starting XI. We had United fans on here clamouring for him to be dropped for his attitude and antics despite the fact he had scored or assisted almost any goal we had scored in the previous month.

I would love another striker brought in, bilate is utterly useless. However, until that happens Cifti absolutely should be starting every game.

You have to go back a grand total of 1 game to find the last time cifti wasn't picked in the starting XI. We had United fans on here clamouring for him to be dropped for his attitude and antics despite the fact he had scored or assisted almost any goal we had scored in the previous month.

I would love another striker brought in, bilate is utterly useless. However, until that happens Cifti absolutely should be starting every game.

Bilate isn't utterly useless, he's hardly had a crack of the whip. I reckon if he stays clear of injury he'll be a decent, very decent striker for us.

Bilate isn't utterly useless, he's hardly had a crack of the whip. I reckon if he stays clear of injury he'll be a decent, very decent striker for us.

well i certainly hope so but he has scored one worldy and a pen so far, hardly setting the heather alight. his runs off the ball are bizarre, with a particular favourite one seeming to be wanting to drift wide and overlap the ball carrier on counter attacks instead of hitting the penalty box. he also seems to be made of paper.

does a nice job of holding the ball up and links well with the midfield but you want a hell of a lot more than that from a striker.

well i certainly hope so but he has scored one worldy and a pen so far, hardly setting the heather alight. his runs off the ball are bizarre, with a particular favourite one seeming to be wanting to drift wide and overlap the ball carrier on counter attacks instead of hitting the penalty box. he also seems to be made of paper.

does a nice job of holding the ball up and links well with the midfield but you want a hell of a lot more than that from a striker.

Agree with a couple of points there, he just needs a bit of time on the pitch during games with the team.

I reckon he has a dodgy ham string and its not getting quite enough time to settle, as weird as this sounds I'd rather he was out the team a little longer to ensure he's fully healed.

just seen the highlights there.

cifti's goal he never even looks up once, just drives head down and unleashes the finish. as much as he is a huge pain in the arse i think he is one of these players that you just have to accept a bit of selfishness and poor decision making from as he will give you moments like that.

gms with an assist for the second that i had forgotten about so he possibly gets bumped up to a 5/10.

also hamilll is a fat useless tub and a p***k of a man too.

just seen the highlights there.

cifti's goal he never even looks up once, just drives head down and unleashes the finish. as much as he is a huge pain in the arse i think he is one of these players that you just have to accept a bit of selfishness and poor decision making from as he will give you moments like that.

gms with an assist for the second that i had forgotten about so he possibly gets bumped up to a 5/10.

also hamilll is a fat useless tub and a p***k of a man too.

It was Erskine who set up the second goal.

How good to United fans think Armstrong is btw? Obviously I rarely see him in the flesh these days (lower league diddy alert) but every now and then I'll watch Sportscene and Armstrong often looks like he's absolutely strolling in the highlights.

Do United fans think he's a reasonable player playing at a modest level, or could he go on to be a Scotland/Premiership regular starter?

How good to United fans think Armstrong is btw? Obviously I rarely see him in the flesh these days (lower league diddy alert) but every now and then I'll watch Sportscene and Armstrong often looks like he's absolutely strolling in the highlights.

Do United fans think he's a reasonable player playing at a modest level, or could he go on to be a Scotland/Premiership regular starter?

If he was consistent, he could be a good mid-table Premiership player. Sadly though, he hasn't been like that for a while now. Our best player on his day though.

Last year I would have told you he could eventually go onto play in a top top team in one of the big leagues.

Hasn't quite hit the heights this year to the same degree but is the best player at the club. He should be an international regular soon and potential captain in future.

If he was consistent, he could be a good mid-table Premiership player. Sadly though, he hasn't been like that for a while now. Our best player on his day though.

Last year I would have told you he could eventually go onto play in a top top team in one of the big leagues.

Hasn't quite hit the heights this year to the same degree but is the best player at the club. He should be an international regular soon and potential captain in future.

Cheers lads.

I hope he manages to find some consistency and reaches the potential you talk about, he's only 22 so I don't see why it isn't possible. I say all this because whilst Scotland have pretty good options in centre mid (Brown, Mulgrew, Morrison, Fletchet etc) they're all in their late 20's and won't be around forever.

Seeing Allan Johnston's comments after the game can anyone confirm which game he was watching?

Don't fret AJ is indeed an idiot when it comes to post match comments . He's old school in that he deems it necessary to amplify his own teams efforts no matter how ineffective they may have been . No bad thing some may argue but cringeworthy for the fans

Cheers lads.

I hope he manages to find some consistency and reaches the potential you talk about, he's only 22 so I don't see why it isn't possible. I say all this because whilst Scotland have pretty good options in centre mid (Brown, Mulgrew, Morrison, Fletchet etc) they're all in their late 20's and won't be around forever.

If he wants his career to reach that potential it seems he has, I think Armstrong needs to move on from United pretty sharpish. On his day he's probably our best player, but I think his progress is waning at Tannadice and in the Scottish Premiership. I don't think he's getting the challenge he needs, he's a bit too comfortable.

Think that's unfair on gms who was very effective and as usual booted every time he went past someone. Shifty was good in the first half and certainly worked hard - dropped deep to collect the ball and I even saw him fill in a t left back. However he made a lot of poor decisions later on and was arguing with his own players again by the end.

Spot on, very unfair on GMS considering he is twice the player on the left than on the right where he's stuck 90% of the time these days

Ciftci is excellent and contributing goals or assists most games despite not hitting the heights yet, took a good block by Samson early 2nd half to prevent us killing the game and him bagging a brace

I would expect to see a plethora of TenaLady strewn everywhere for the cleaners tomorrow. It really disappoints you to see the constant moaning from the Utd support. Ruined a game where I thought we done well.

Aye it's getting tiresome from the boo boys now, never happy even with us doing well and Tannadice a fortress of sorts, wish they'd be positive and back the team or just stfu

Archived