Jackie Mc's Goslings Vs AJ's Stuttering Ayrshiremen

Aye, there's nothing wrong with Nadir's work ethic, it's the decision-making which lets him down.Wants to do far too much all on his own.

He's a wonderful talent though.

I'd agree that there was nothing wrong with his work ethic today. That's the best all round performance I've seen from him in a while (in the first half). I wouldn't go as far as to say there's nothing wrong with his work ethic in general though. His frequent offsides could be largely avoided if he chose to shift his arse with a bit more gusto.

He's just not a team player, and it's his bitching at other players when it's him who's made an arse of things that gets on my nerves.

IMO he should have been subbed well before he was.

Great goal though

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect to see a plethora of TenaLady strewn everywhere for the cleaners tomorrow. It really disappoints you to see the constant moaning from the Utd support. Ruined a game where I thought we done well.

Ken, united fans are really shite eh? We really do only sing when were winning.

There's a bloke that sits two along from me in the ET upper who detests Dow. He was about having a seizure today. Then there's the old git behind us that never has a good word to say about anyone. Christ knows why he even goes to the football, it must be bloody torture for him (it certainly is for me)

Everywhere we go, we seem to be surrounded by complete belters who fancy themselves as the next great football manager. Easter road, we had a young lassie who spent at least 78 minutes screaming "PASS TO STUART!!!!!"

And at Fir park a couple of weeks ago, we moved at half time because there was a complete pellet who berated every single thing...... Team selection, formation, fitness, training techniques, even their bloody socks!!!

It would be nice to go to a game where the mistakes made by players were greeted with shouts of "unlucky lads, keep the heid and carry on", instead of "For f*ck sake ya useless b*stard, get aff the park!"

Was always the same. Used to stand in the shed in the early 80s and there were always folk abusing wee Jum for his tactics and selections, and yelling at Dave Narey to "stop fannying aboot and get it up the park". You wonder how people can watch fitba every week and know so little about it.

I would expect to see a plethora of TenaLady strewn everywhere for the cleaners tomorrow. It really disappoints you to see the constant moaning from the Utd support. Ruined a game where I thought we done well.

People are going to come on here and express their views; it is a football forum after all. I doubt it will really ruin the game for you; maybe that was just a figure of speech.

I agree we done well, but as others have said it was one of those game where, despite us being the better team by some distance, could have ended up 2-2 rather than 3-1.

People are going to come on here and express their views; it is a football forum after all. I doubt it will really ruin the game for you; maybe that was just a figure of speech.

I agree we done well, but as others have said it was one of those game where, despite us being the better team by some distance, could have ended up 2-2 rather than 3-1.

I was talking about folk at the game. Just moaning constantly.

I was talking about folk at the game. Just moaning constantly.

Sorry, picked you up wrong.

Yeah it's pretty frustrating, particularly people who have a gripe ith one player for no reason.

Mind you the only time I've moved during a game was years ago at Livingston. Sat behind two women who spent the first half discussing Coronation Street and how Steven Thomson looked better in the away strip than the home strip. Give be a booing fan any day. :(

To be honest, i was relieved when Ciftci got the hook yesterday. He shouldve been off about 20 mins before that. His decision making seems to be gettin worse and at 2-1 we had umpteen great situations with him either making the wrong pass or running into trouble and losing possession

Sorry, picked you up wrong.

Yeah it's pretty frustrating, particularly people who have a gripe ith one player for no reason.

Mind you the only time I've moved during a game was years ago at Livingston. Sat behind two women who spent the first half discussing Coronation Street and how Steven Thomson looked better in the away strip than the home strip. Give be a booing fan any day. :(

Yeah that can be the thing that is most annoying. Screaming for 10 minutes for certain players to be subbed then applauding them mere moments later.

To be honest, i was relieved when Ciftci got the hook yesterday. He shouldve been off about 20 mins before that. His decision making seems to be gettin worse and at 2-1 we had umpteen great situations with him either making the wrong pass or running into trouble and losing possession

It was clear 20 mins beforehand that he was fcuked - it was mind boggling when GMS and Erskine were subbed instead of him!

I suppose thats the problem you have when you only have 2 strikers in your squad and one is injured.

yesterday showed an out of sorts cifti is still better than none at all. he should have been hooked 10 minutes before he was but the folk cheering and punching the air when he was subbed should probably consider killing themselves taking a look at themselves.

Armstrong on much better form yesterday and his assist assist for the third was a thing of beauty.

GMS really is having an absolute mare at the moment.

surprised how poor Killie were. nothing like as good as when they humped us at rugby park and were shooting up the league only a few weeks ago.

Although we arent playing as well as we could our home record this season is something like W 8 D1 L0

If it wasn't for Cifti f**k knows what state we would be in and we were utterly outplayed all over the park by Hamilton in that game.

Hamilton were very impressive that day however if we hadve kept it 11v10, who knows. Im no downplaying Ciftcis contribution to our season, more annoyed at a ridiculous sending off

We United fans really seem a "half empty" bunch. If we don't win by four then it's just not good enough. And even then the football has to meet stratospheric levels of artistic impression.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed yesterday's game and thought there was some good, exciting, attacking football. I clearly don't know as much as the football gurus who sit within my earshot at "Fortress Tannadice."

Anyway, how many more points would Killie get over a season if Eremenko could regularly last 90 mins? Even with Paton desperately trying to man mark him he was clearly thinking at least one step ahead of anyone else on the pitch.

We United fans really seem a "half empty" bunch. If we don't win by four then it's just not good enough. And even then the football has to meet stratospheric levels of artistic impression. For what it's worth, I enjoyed yesterday's game and thought there was some good, exciting, attacking football. I clearly don't know as much as the football gurus who sit within my earshot at "Fortress Tannadice." Anyway, how many more points would Killie get over a season if Eremenko could regularly last 90 mins? Even with Paton desperately trying to man mark him he was clearly thinking at least one step ahead of anyone else on the pitch.

I know it got a bit nervy at the end but I can't remember Killie having a chance in the second half and without Eremenko they just didn't look like scoring.

If it wasn't for Cifti f**k knows what state we would be in and we were utterly outplayed all over the park by Hamilton in that game.

I think the overwhelming majority of Arabs, including those who were pleased to see him subbed yesterday, appreciates how good a player Ciftci is. On his day he is an excellent striker. It's his constant, and I do mean constant, antics that frustrate so much.

These include, trying to do everything himself, shooting when he should pass, turning his back on the game, failing to get himself back onside quickly enough once an attack has broken down, and going in the huff (or at least appearing to).

Of course with his obvious ability if he didn't have these traits he wouldn't be playing at United. At the same time if he has ambition to play at a higher level he needs to rid himself of these weaknesses in his game.

I really think that if we were to bring in another striker who is not just seen as a back up player but can challenge Ciftci for first choice then we may get the best from him. As things stand he knows he will continue to be first pick regardless of how he plays.

Archived