Arbroath vs Clyde

Thats all very well and good, but the fact that there's only ever a hands on approach when they want something kinda erodes any meaningful work which gets done...assuming some does. Its not even a commitment issue with regards to whether they are Clyde fans or not...arguably the best commercial manager the clubs had was Davie McKinnon, who got shit done....all we usually hear is reasons not to do things nowadays. Dishon is probably about as close as we have to that, in that he's done what he said he'd do....not that i agreed one iota that stripping the club down to the bare wires was the best idea, as no other clubs ever had to bother, but after clearing up the mess of others, i guess he deserves a chance to be a proper Finance director. Most of the rest (one or two are only guilty by association, good men doing their best) have bluffed and swindled gigs at the table and hopefully will be fun oot soon enough.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main concern with what the manager was trying to implement, remains the same. It seems far too much for this level. There's no doubt there is a fear amongst the players, and that is far from healthy. I feel the manager needs to get his operation, get fit and get in the trenches with his players so to speak, show that he's with them not above them or even against them.

I've spoke to a player who loves the training and intensity of it, so there's always two sides.

I've had a few concerns over the past couple of seasons over many things, and have asked to meet the chairman or other board members before games, and they have always accommodated. I've not always agreed with some of the answers given, but I've always been of the opinion that they would be willing to answer to anyone, and be open minded to anyone who believes they can do better.

The real worry for me is this idea that there is nobody else who could be chairman apart from the present one we have. The shambles that is the proposed move ek would be enough to remove him

Crowd was 656, about 100 below our seasons average, thought it looked poor when at the game, noticed that its the 3rd biggest out of the 2 top leagues after Dunfermline/Morton though. How do Forfar and Brechin manage to spend the cash they do?

Crowd was 656, about 100 below our seasons average, thought it looked poor when at the game, noticed that its the 3rd biggest out of the 2 top leagues after Dunfermline/Morton though. How do Forfar and Brechin manage to spend the cash they do?

Supposedly, Brechin have a group of businessmen who have set up a fund for the team which feeds money into the club every year.

I'd just like to point out that Clyde were not that bad on Saturday. On another day, the result might have been a lot closer.

Unlike previous weeks, we managed not only to take our chances but were also a bit fortunate in getting the breaks this week... and the fact these all came along first half killed the game as a contest. Clyde did create a good few chances but a combination of good keeping and poor finishing meant they ended up not troubling the scoresheet

I'm happy enough with our performance though we did ease up second half. Maybe not a bad preparation for a tough ordeal away to Bo'ness this weekend

Archived