Arbroath vs Clyde

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone said that performances and results have been acceptable? Of course not. We've been shite. But why shouldn't he be given time to try and fix it? Stuart Millar, undeniably a bigger failure than Ferguson will ever be, was given until the end of January to try and turn things around; this was despite registering a solitary win in 6 months which saw us marooned to the bottom of the league by 15 points before he was punted.

One of the main reasons Clyde are seen as a laughing stock is the fans who are constantly throwing tantrums when things get tough. Changing manager every 4 months because we aren't winning every game is not going to make one iota of a difference.

The only reason things need 'fixed' to such an extent is due to ferguson in the first place. He had a decent team in place which he told us he was very happy with until after the ibrox debacle (which was his fault for being so naive to play 433). Then he bins most of them for loans and other signings deemed better by him.

For me the results are only part of the problem. I am far more concerned that we have an arrogant, abrasive clown on an ego-trip in charge, squad morale is at rock bottom and I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. He is out of his depth but will blame the players to save face.

In an attacking sense, Clyde weren't too bad. Created more clear cut chances against us as any side have this season. McCallum made a few very decent stops.

Defensively though, what a shambles. The score would have been in letters on the classifieds if it wasn't for the keeper.

The only reason things need 'fixed' to such an extent is due to ferguson in the first place. He had a decent team in place which he told us he was very happy with until after the ibrox debacle (which was his fault for being so naive to play 433). Then he bins most of them for loans and other signings deemed better by him.

For me the results are only part of the problem. I am far more concerned that we have an arrogant, abrasive clown on an ego-trip in charge, squad morale is at rock bottom and I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. He is out of his depth but will blame the players to save face.

Nailed it. ;)

Are you actually Barry Fucking Ferguson?

It's people like you (who accept Shite & can't see any wrong doing within the shambles that is known as Clyde) that are the problem.

So people like me are the reason why the team is in bad form? Nice logic m8. And if you're referring to the "shambolic board", again, I'm not the problem. There are plenty like you who are openly critical on Pie and Bovril, the Members' forum, Facebook and Twitter and yet choose to do absolutely nothing about it.

When looking at the track record of our fans, which includes calls for Duffy to be sacked at the start of last season (following a 3-0 drubbing by Albion Rovers), it's not exactly hard to come to the conclusion that there's a large section of our support which is renowned for a) being completely devoid of patience and b) exaggerating how bad things are. We're a third of the way through the season, 1 point off a play-off berth and 5 points clear of the drop zone.

Perhaps both the team and the manager would be performing better if they didn't exit the field to a chorus of boos after most games and actually enjoyed some positive support for once, rather than the barrage of criticism they routinely receive. It's no surprise that a very average squad with a bit of star quality performed well last season when the attitude of the fans was far more positive than in preceding campaigns.

I saw somewhere a poster comparing Darren Young at Albion Rovers to Ferguson - that's all fine and well but it's easy to forget that Darren Young has spent several seasons playing/coaching in the Scottish lower leagues (including one with Alloa in this division during their league-winning 2011/12 season), so knew already what sort of players and tactical set-ups are required to do well in this division. Ferguson should get until February at least, and if no improvement is apparent then we should look to get rid. I'd imagine his own personal injury will be sorted soon and hopefully he can drive us on to better fortunes over the course of the season.

What I struggle with is the fans that shout abuse at the team and manager that would make Frankie Boyle blush and then fans complain about the manager not acknowledging the support.

It was a bad result but it has been clear since the start of the season that Arbroath are by far the best team in the league.

Perhaps both the team and the manager would be performing better if they didn't exit the field to a chorus of boos after most games and actually enjoyed some positive support for once, rather than the barrage of criticism they routinely receive.

This is obviously a fair point but have you watched the management teams behaviour towards the players on match day? Very little positive encouragement there and thats before they get shredded in the post match comments.

If your employees are not performing well that reflects on the manager. Saying they cant cope with your training/tactics is not an excuse as your job as a manager is to sort that.

Seemed to be around 40 Clyde fans at the match yesterday - surely not every Clyde fan who has posted attended the match and can give an accurate account of the game ?

Final score could have easily been something like 7-2, but a combination of some great saves by Clyde's goal keeper and some missed opportunities kept the score at 4-0 ( Arbroath also subbed their main strikers McManus and Murray to allow their fringe players a chance to get involved ).

Clyde did have a few decent chances, but managed to escape Gayfield losing only 4 goals.

Few teams are going to leave Gayfield this season with many points - also think East Stirling have been the worst team to play at Gayfield this season.

Clyde are only one point off the 4th in the league - so still all to play for in terms of reaching the play offs.

C'mon the 'broath.

What I struggle with is the fans that shout abuse at the team and manager that would make Frankie Boyle blush and then fans complain about the manager not acknowledging the support.

It was a bad result but it has been clear since the start of the season that Arbroath are by far the best team in the league.

Best team in the league or not, shipping 9 goals to a team in 2 games is still ridiculous.

I've got to the stage where our result doesn't even effect my weekend anymore.

So people like me are the reason why the team is in bad form? Nice logic m8. And if you're referring to the "shambolic board", again, I'm not the problem. There are plenty like you who are openly critical on Pie and Bovril, the Members' forum, Facebook and Twitter and yet choose to do absolutely nothing about it.

When looking at the track record of our fans, which includes calls for Duffy to be sacked at the start of last season (following a 3-0 drubbing by Albion Rovers), it's not exactly hard to come to the conclusion that there's a large section of our support which is renowned for a) being completely devoid of patience and b) exaggerating how bad things are. We're a third of the way through the season, 1 point off a play-off berth and 5 points clear of the drop zone.

Perhaps both the team and the manager would be performing better if they didn't exit the field to a chorus of boos after most games and actually enjoyed some positive support for once, rather than the barrage of criticism they routinely receive. It's no surprise that a very average squad with a bit of star quality performed well last season when the attitude of the fans was far more positive than in preceding campaigns.

I saw somewhere a poster comparing Darren Young at Albion Rovers to Ferguson - that's all fine and well but it's easy to forget that Darren Young has spent several seasons playing/coaching in the Scottish lower leagues (including one with Alloa in this division during their league-winning 2011/12 season), so knew already what sort of players and tactical set-ups are required to do well in this division. Ferguson should get until February at least, and if no improvement is apparent then we should look to get rid. I'd imagine his own personal injury will be sorted soon and hopefully he can drive us on to better fortunes over the course of the season.

Spot on !

Seemed to be around 40 Clyde fans at the match yesterday - surely not every Clyde fan who has posted attended the match and can give an accurate account of the game ?

Final score could have easily been something like 7-2, but a combination of some great saves by Clyde's goal keeper and some missed opportunities kept the score at 4-0 ( Arbroath also subbed their main strikers McManus and Murray to allow their fringe players a chance to get involved ).

Clyde did have a few decent chances, but managed to escape Gayfield losing only 4 goals.

Few teams are going to leave Gayfield this season with many points - also think East Stirling have been the worst team to play at Gayfield this season.

Clyde are only one point off the 4th in the league - so still all to play for in terms of reaching the play offs.

C'mon the 'broath.

Very few Clyde fans are offering up match analysis if you actually bother to read....most posts are indicitve of why only 40 odd bothered to make a fairly straightforward away trip to a place we havent been for about four years. The volume of posts in this vein are proof that us mugs, sorry fans, do still care, for some fucked up inexplicable reason. Fwiw although i havent seen your team this year, they are obviously eons above the rest, and are hopefully offering up a decent alternative to the garbage served up by the other clubs, including Peterhead and Stirling from last year. It is after all meant to be entertainment, and the goals for column looks great for you.

My thinking exactly.

The only surprising thing is that we are still in touch with a play-off place.

We were lucky to beat QP and East Fife, and could have thrown 2 points away against Elgin.

Nor could we beat Albion Rovers 10 men over 87 minutes with a goal of a start.

Let's be honest here, we are lucky to be in 6th place - and unless something changes soon we'll be lucky to hang on to 9th.

The problem is that the manager has no experience whatsoever of dealing with part-time players.

My main concern with what the manager was trying to implement, remains the same. It seems far too much for this level. There's no doubt there is a fear amongst the players, and that is far from healthy. I feel the manager needs to get his operation, get fit and get in the trenches with his players so to speak, show that he's with them not above them or even against them.

I've spoke to a player who loves the training and intensity of it, so there's always two sides.

I've had a few concerns over the past couple of seasons over many things, and have asked to meet the chairman or other board members before games, and they have always accommodated. I've not always agreed with some of the answers given, but I've always been of the opinion that they would be willing to answer to anyone, and be open minded to anyone who believes they can do better.

Archived