Jurassic Jim's Dunfermline v Stirling

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, we need to bounce back in this one and I'm hoping for a convincing win.

I'd go;

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Urquhart

Whittle

Faissal

Thomson

Spence

Stirling

Smith

Moffat

Subs:

Goodfellow

Millen

Martin

Byrne

Falkingham

Geggan

Ugwu

2-0 Pars, Moffat and Smith to score.

COYP!! :):D

Allan Smith to show the experienced boys how its done tomorrow. Jefferies is more hindrance than help and in the same way Buchanan and Scully have held us together at the back, if we want to do anything in this league we need some strikers to start taking a bit of responsibility. A fully fit Allan Smith could run riot for the rest of the season. Four goals in two games in the u20.

If he can start banging in the chances everyone else has been missing then debates about JJ, Williamson, wingers etc could soon be redundant. No pressure Allan!

Don't know if a fairly unproven young boy is going to change our fortunes, but, if it is to happen, now is the time. We need a serious turn around from now up until the Morton game in mid-January. Anthing but a win and JJ simply has to go.

It's hardly rocket surgery to see what JJ has been doing just ain't working. Time to overhaul the starting XI imo and do something that can turn us into a team that can win games instead of taking the lead and shitting it or ust incaple of burying chances.

Actually gutted I can't make this as Dunfermline is one of my favourite away days. Good pubs in the town, nice stadium, steak bridge at half time.....gee, I could actually live there!!!

Despite the negative views of the Pars faithful this is going to be a tough game for The Binos and one that I'd be delighted to take anything from. Freak results happen every once in a while and Stenhousemuir was just that.

Good chance for the Pars to boost their goal difference today.

That's my take on today's proceedings.

Surely at the wind up. Be really surprised if we can get more than 1 goal today.

Good. Thankfully Smith gets a shot up front.

Not sure about 3 central midfielders and 1 wide man...

Would have given Chemin a shot with Stirling but he isn't even on the bench.

think Smith will play wide on the opposite side from Stirling so it'll be more a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 rather than a 4-4-2 with a centre mid pushed wide. i always prefer this system tbh but we'll see if it actually works today!

tbh i think JJ prefers this system too but only works with a big target man striker (ie. Barrowman, Thomson to a lesser degree, even had Hardie doing it when Barra was injured) & Moffat just isn't that kinda player. Gozie can probably do it 50% of the time but he has the brain of a horse the other 50% so not ideal long term. Fingers crossed for today though.

Glad Moffat has finally been dropped, yet surprised that El Bak, our top scorer, has been dropped as well.

Big chance for Ugwu, its vital that he turns in a good performance today and goes on a bit of a run if he wants to extend his deal beyond January.

Archived