Jurassic Jim's Dunfermline v Stirling

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked brilliant today. More width and every time we attacked we looked likely to score.

Been crying out for Williamson and Stirling to be played on the right flank and it looks to have worked. Andy Stirling has a very, very good delivery.

Don't know if anyone saw it but around the 55th minute, Buchanan went in very hard on their no. 11 (who looked handy, by the way) and I thought it was a straight red card from where I was in the NW but would have to see it again, hopefully it's on the highlights. Their red card was totally justified. Yet again a shocking challenge on Falkingham. Cowden fans will be foaming at the mouth. Their no.10 deserved to go for a few yellow card offences I thought.

Got to give Gozie the man of the match for getting the hat-trick but thought Williamson, Thomson and Stirling were all outstanding. Won't get carried away as they are the bottom team but hopefully we can carry this on to the next match. It's smashing when you play with tactics that work with your strengths, eh?

Dislocated kneecap apparently for Ryan. Surprised to see that it only takes around six weeks to recover on the NHS site, so maybe he might be back soon?

Really gutted for him, one of his biggest fans and after playing so well today he was going to get picked every week imo.

It's a massive blow for us.

Don't really care much about the game now other than at least we won.

Saw only the 2nd half, we looked comfortable against a very poor stirling side, good work all round to complete ugwus hat trick(i was surprised to see him start tbh, he hasn't really played well enough for the u20s ) and it was a good ball in from stirling that thomson should have scored with before we got the bit of fortune to add the forth.

Felt the red was slightly harsh, those in the norrie would have got a better view, robertson could maybe have got away with a yellow, he was probably paying the price for smith's challenge on ugwu a few minutes before. Frustration had got the better of stirling by this point and two bad challenges in such a short period was bound to result in at least one red. At least robertson could blame his on over exuberance , smith's just was dirty.

I probably defend JJ a little more than most on here(at least until a few weeks back) but he should of had the subs on (particularly Moffat) not long after the 3rd rather than waiting until late on.

Hopefully Williamson isn't out for long, he had a good game today.

Well I was not expecting much today, I had hoped we might get a point with a bit of luck but after only 5 mins we were 1-0 down and after 18 minutes 2-0 down.

Second half we started brightly, had a couple of chances but could not score. They then got their 3rd goal and the fourth from a free kick, the lest said about that the better from our goalies point of view.

Only bright thing that came out today was that the other teams above us all lost so the points difference is still the same 5 points behind Stenny.

Cup match next week against Raith Rovers at Forthbank and on this sort of performance we won`t get anything.

Dunfermline dominant from the start. Always going to be difficult but losing an early goal knocks the stuffing out of any team.

We couldnt match dunfermlines physicality and too often our players were simply brushed aside.

Definitely a red card for Robertson. Pity because there were signs of improvement last week.

Dunfermline dominant from the start. Always going to be difficult but losing an early goal knocks the stuffing out of any team.

We couldnt match dunfermlines physicality and too often our players were simply brushed aside.

Definitely a red card for Robertson. Pity because there were signs of improvement last week.

Can't agree with the red card, yellow at most for me.

McGeachie got absolutely schooled by the big lad up front for the pars. Can't wait for January to move some of this lot on and get in some new faces.

That performance was unacceptable I missed the last 20 minutes as i wasn't prepared to see any worse mgheachie was horrendous if we want to stay up this season we must buy a good centre back and right back wedderburn,mgheachie,mclune,Hamilton are all not good enough

Archived