Jurassic Jim's Dunfermline v Stirling

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor old Brian Potter. No Rover's legend should suffer this sort of fate

Our keeper (Partick's Ryan Scully on loan) has been sensational this year (and last season too). Not quite sure what he's doing in League One but with a 'normal' keeper our league position would probably be far more grim. No idea how much of that is down to Brian Potter but it must reflect pretty well on him.

Dressing room is lost. Stirling with new management should be aiming for a victory here. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they get a result. JJ will stick to the same team, Stirling will defend well and hit us on the counter. Expecting a draw and JJ hopefully fucking off.

You can dream, us defending well?

Stirling team (hopefully)

Gk: Reidford

RB:mclune

Cb:wedderburn

Cb:c.smith

Lb: Forsyth

Cdm:d.smith

Cm:Robertson

Rw:Cunningham

St:doris

Cam:coult

Lw:darren l .smith

Formation 4-5-1

That's the team you 'hopefully' want to start with? Jesus Fucking Christ, have you been to a game yet?

That's the team you 'hopefully' want to start with? Jesus Fucking Christ, have you been to a game yet?

well Reidfords doing well mclune is great at right back wedderburn needs a chance forsyths better than craineay Darren smith and willie robertson are in top form sandy is brilliant at right wing Gordon smith is the crapest player I have ever seen and Doris is playing we'll think coult could be a cam and weirs shit with Hamilton that explanes why Gordon smith graham weir and lee Hamilton aren't playing

Depending on results we could be anywhere from fifth to first on Saturday night. Could Teflon Jeff survive five games without a win?

He should have been gone after the Stenny game.

U20's have just won 3-1 over Ross County, scorers were Williamson, Smith and Thomson.

Going by that, and the last few games, I'd go with this for Saturday:

Scully (if fit, I haven't hear either way. If not, Goodfellow)

Williamson - Martin - Buchanan - Whittle

El Bakhtaoui - Geggan - Thomson - Sitrling

Smith - Moffat

Subs:

Falky

Millen

Byrne

Urquhart

Forbes

I'd leave Ugwu out of this completely, if we were to need another attacking option then we have the option to stick El Bakhtaoui up front or making it a 4-3-3 with him added to Smith and Moff.

Also, not too sure about which wing to stick El Bak and Stirling on, as it was mentioned that Stirling and Williamson have shown good link-up play for the youth team. So it may be worth having El Bakhtaoui on the left if it means having Stirling in front of Williamson on the right hand side.

Falky, Byrne and Forbes are all pretty useful to bring on as subs, I wouldn't normally want to leave all 3 of them out of the starting XI but Thomson deserves a shot back in the starting lineup IMO.

I want to see us playing a lot wider, literally using touchline to touchline when we have the ball. If we do so, I'm more than willing to remain patient and let them create a slight opening to get a chance on goal. There's no point in us holding onto the ball for ages if we're only using the width of the penalty box as our entire line of midfield.

Yea, I think he was doing it deliberately in order to create space for Williamson. He was still playing on the right tho.

Williamson is one of most exciting young players around. It amazes me that he isn't one of the first names in your starting XI every week. Always impressed every time I've seen him in action.

A flexible and modern approach to coaching would find a way of getting him into the team, getting the best out of him and fitting the others around him to make it all work.

Or am I over simplifying matters?

Williamson is one of most exciting young players around. It amazes me that he isn't one of the first names in your starting XI every week. Always impressed every time I've seen him in action.

A flexible and modern approach to coaching would find a way of getting him into the team, getting the best out of him and fitting the others around him to make it all work.

Or am I over simplifying matters?

Pretty much bang on the money

Archived