Expecting trouble?

MacWatt

30% of this England "mob" are black!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1416508339.716832.jpg

Out of a matter of interest, how many black people follow Scotland, Wales and Ireland?!!

Does Anya's brother count???

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuesday was my first Scotland home game since the Faroes in 2006 and I hated every minute of it. I don't think I'll be doing home games again.

Nearly sixty quid to sit and listen to hate-filled, drunken cretins spouting xenophobic bile and generally showing themselves up. I was sitting in the Lisbion Lions upper, in the corner next to the North Stand and almost everyone around me was vile. It started off with the widespread booing of the English national anthem which was embarrassing enough, but the constant shouting and chanting of "If you hate the fucking English, clap your hands" was reprehensible. Now, I'm not one of those sensitive souls that constantly seeks to be offended at the football, nor am I a Brit-nat, sevco sympathiser spitting the dummy out because GSTQ was disrespected - far from it, but that ninety minutes was as unpleasant an experience as I've ever had in twenty odd years of going to games.

Aside from the offensive and cringeworthy xenophobia, I witnessed pissed up teuchters too drunk to watch the game, spend almost the entire second half baiting two Glasweigan lads who were minding their own business and just watching the game. Another halfwit tried to headbut a steward for politely asking him to stop standing on the stairs during the game. The Scotland support was horrible and not for the first time at a home game I've been at.

It was in complete contrast to the impeccably behaved and well recieved support that travelled to Dortmund and Warsaw.

Away games only from now on for me.

It is a scotland v england game you fucking arse piece. Get used to it

Tuesday was my first Scotland home game since the Faroes in 2006 and I hated every minute of it. I don't think I'll be doing home games again.

Nearly sixty quid to sit and listen to hate-filled, drunken cretins spouting xenophobic bile and generally showing themselves up. I was sitting in the Lisbion Lions upper, in the corner next to the North Stand and almost everyone around me was vile. It started off with the widespread booing of the English national anthem which was embarrassing enough, but the constant shouting and chanting of "If you hate the fucking English, clap your hands" was reprehensible. Now, I'm not one of those sensitive souls that constantly seeks to be offended at the football, nor am I a Brit-nat, sevco sympathiser spitting the dummy out because GSTQ was disrespected - far from it, but that ninety minutes was as unpleasant an experience as I've ever had in twenty odd years of going to games.

Aside from the offensive and cringeworthy xenophobia, I witnessed pissed up teuchters too drunk to watch the game, spend almost the entire second half baiting two Glasweigan lads who were minding their own business and just watching the game. Another halfwit tried to headbut a steward for politely asking him to stop standing on the stairs during the game. The Scotland support was horrible and not for the first time at a home game I've been at.

It was in complete contrast to the impeccably behaved and well recieved support that travelled to Dortmund and Warsaw.

Away games only from now on for me.

This is roughly a description of my final few home games in 2009. Quite simply, falling about acting like a dick seemed to be the norm and refusal to join in the party tunes (thats what they are when you're being criticised by oot ther tree erseholes from Auchenfuckknowswhere) was the cardinal sin. Actually supporting the team only got in the way of this 'big day out in the city', to the extent that it became unbearable. On the contrary, the away supporters on Tuesday were a credit to their families and society in general.

I'm cringing like f**k at that video.

A group of English football fans trying to bait Scottish ones by disrespecting an Irish terrorist group. Better Together.

Black people are underrepresented in most football team away supports. It's hard to label it an 'England' issue when you aren't comparing it to anything. Do Germany have many black supporters in their away crowd? France? Italy? Spain?

Aye, how many black faces do you see at Tottenham or West Ham, where significant proportions of people living in those clubs home areas will be black or Asian. Attending football in England is disproportionately white and that's reflected in the national side.

Out of interest...why was little made of the kiltie who got lifted actually on the park?? No wonder the England fans pick their targets....the utter tool In the Main Stand there is everything thats wrong with both Scottish football fans, and general personal standards here. Had he turned up in *proper* gear, he'd not have gotten the attention he wanted.

if you watch the video of the song in question their appears to be a green and white hooped person right at the front of the main stand who gives the vicky in response to their chant.could this be who the song was aiimed at?

It's quite a catchy tune tho.....maybe the tartan army could adapt it to say "f*ck the SFA", or any other 3 lettered acronym for that matter, given the outrage at ticket pricing!

You obviously struggle with analogies, Craig.

C'mon, you know they aren't called analogies here, don't you. They're examples of...................................................

ALso, you ducked your own analogy when I asked what if England fans sung nu surrender while they were playing germany. Your 'logic' suggests that means they're pretty much calling everyone on earth IRA supporting nazis doesn't it?

C'mon, you know they aren't called analogies here, don't you. They're examples of...................................................

ALso, you ducked your own analogy when I asked what if England fans sung nu surrender while they were playing germany. Your 'logic' suggests that means they're pretty much calling everyone on earth IRA supporting nazis doesn't it?

If they sung "no surrender to the Nazi scum" at any match, there could be no doubt that the purpose of the song was to gratuitously offend and label all Germans as "Nazi scum". What other purpose would this song possibly serve?

If they sung "no surrender to the IRA scum" at any match, there could be no doubt that the purpose of the song was to gratuitously offend and label all Irish as "IRA scum". What other purpose would this song possibly serve?

How are you possibly taking this as my saying "they're pretty much calling everyone on earth IRA supporting nazis"?!

If they sung "no surrender to the Nazi scum" at any match, there could be no doubt that the purpose of the song was to gratuitously offend and label all Germans as "Nazi scum". What other purpose would this song possibly serve?

If they sung "no surrender to the IRA scum" at any match, there could be no doubt that the purpose of the song was to gratuitously offend and label all Irish as "IRA scum". What other purpose would this song possibly serve?

How are you possibly taking this as my saying "they're pretty much calling everyone on earth IRA supporting nazis"?!

They haven't sung that at Germans as far as I'm aware, so what are you slavering on about? You're making shit up to be offended at.

Archived