Pre referendum Yes claims

Clarkston5

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever seen such a high Unionist:Nat posts ratio in a thread on here before. It's no surprise that most of the Nat clowns have ran for cover after seeing the utter meltdown of SSI

Simple explanation really. Clarkston has started a thread to carry over something from another one and the wee group of Unionists who habitually fluff each other up have had to step in because one of their wee goon squad was getting an absolute pumping.

It's no surprise nobody else has contributed. It can't be an interesting thread in any way, plus no help has been required.

No and yes. He does give that wido vibe that I hate but I think it's more immature than anything else. the way he sees groups all being connected and then tries to undermine them by either accusing them of being aliases or praising one to put down the other. Classic Edinburgh wido behaviour....never give a straight answer

I have no fucking idea what this refers to or means. The absolute definition of word salad.

Simple explanation really. Clarkston has started a thread to carry over something from another one and the wee group of Unionists who habitually fluff each other up have had to step in because one of their wee goon squad was getting an absolute pumping.

It's no surprise nobody else has contributed. It can't be an interesting thread in any way, plus no help has been required.

I have no fucking idea what this refers to or means. The absolute definition of word salad.

I started a thread because I found some of the pre-ref conversion stories to be a collection of BS and oneupmanship.

I did a quick search and found some of the posts which made ridiculous claims.

Yours, in the light of your supposed carefree attitude toward the result, was hilarious and yet again you've come on to try and insinuate some kind of group bullying or conspiracy. It's not the case and doesn't mask the fact you come across as an immature fool

"carefree attitude towards the result"? You're literally just making one thing up after the other. Of course I cared about the result.

What an utter state you've got yourself into about me. Whatever I did to initially piss you off and set you off on this seething string of tall tales, I can only apologise.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are SEETHING

:lol:

I did a quick search and found some of the posts which made ridiculous claims.

Yours, in the light of your supposed carefree attitude toward the result, was hilarious and yet again you've come on to try and insinuate some kind of group bullying or conspiracy. It's not the case and doesn't mask the fact you come across as an immature fool

What ridiculous claims does Sodje actually make in the posts you quoted? I'm not trying to be obtuse - I genuinely don't understand what parts of it are supposed to be ridiculous.

Although they will never ever admit it both Reynard & HB privately thought Yes would win leading up to the vote

What made them think that?

Personally I admit to thinking on the day that Yes might win, the reason being that I personally spoke to 4 different people that I knew to be intending to vote no, but that had openly admitted to changing their minds at the ballot booth and voting Yes. I spoke to another to no voters that voted no but stood over the paper for several minutes struggling to bring themselves to vote no. I heard a story of two students driving the 60 miles home to Dalkeith from uni in Glasgow to vote no, only for one of them to change his mind at the last minute and vote yes, rendering the drive utterly useless (cept for boosting the turnout)

I also shared concerns with my (English) best mate Yes might pinch it at the death. In the end I got hideously drunk that night and ended up passing out in my ex's flat and I in a way this helped because I didn't see any of the results come in and new nothing until I woke up and checked my phone to a "we're fine" text from said best mate. But before referendum day I never really thought Yes would win.

What ridiculous claims does Sodje actually make in the posts you quoted? I'm not trying to be obtuse - I genuinely don't understand what parts of it are supposed to be ridiculous.

All the nonsense about converting No voters for one. Whenever I have opinionated wee dweebs at work slavering about issues I couldn't give a f**k about and really trivial ones at that I nod in agreement to get rid of them. I now know what they do with that "approval".

You could tell they were both worried in the run up.

Yeah. Like me they were terrified with the "power of social media". It's typical of forums like this with trolls like you. You want posters to find what you say irritating or important but it's not.

The night of the referendum results I even wound up one of you by saying "wait a minute. no one knows anything. wait till the result". :lol:

So did I.

Difference is, I didn't get distracted by shiny stickers and "ma fambly are aw Yes now", as simpleton-types like you did.

Face it - you tried to sit on the fence here and ended up looking like a tit regardless.

Shame.

anigif_enhanced-28405-1416393392-10.gif

SSI's posts are infected with clown collective nonsense. He even has an anecdote about converting No voters to Yes voters but he "always knew that it would be a No majority". I can't be bothered to look though his posts but that collection of rubbish I have took me all of 2 mins. He really is having a nightmare on this thread

You are fooling no one here.

SSI wasn't balloon inflator in chief here. But he certainly made a colossal c**t of himself regardless.

I don't think I've ever seen such a high Unionist:Nat posts ratio in a thread on here before. It's no surprise that most of the Nat clowns have ran for cover after seeing the utter meltdown of SSI

All the nonsense about converting No voters for one. Whenever I have opinionated wee dweebs at work slavering about issues I couldn't give a f**k about and really trivial ones at that I nod in agreement to get rid of them. I now know what they do with that "approval".

He didn't say that he was converting No voters. He said that a number of his friends and family made the transition from No to Yes and that he believed he'd aided the process in some cases by discussing it with them. I really can't see what's ridiculous about that at all. He even literally said that he wasn't arrogant enough to believe that he'd single-handedly changed people's minds.

He didn't say that he was converting No voters. He said that a number of his friends and family made the transition from No to Yes and that he believed he'd aided the process in some cases by discussing it with them. I really can't see what's ridiculous about that at all. He even literally said that he wasn't arrogant enough to believe that he'd single-handedly changed people's minds.

I mentioned my friends and family as an example of how being engaged yet realistic was a better way of doing things than those just proclaiming a Yes vote will happen.

Unfortunately poor Clarkston got himself a wee bit mixed up. Bless.

Imagine claiming that social media and the "power of persuasion" would result in an independent Scotland :lol:

Who claimed that?

Just imagine man.

Archived