Queen of the South v Brora Rangers

SUPERSOUTH

In spite of the fears of some on here about playing against an alleged team of Highland Hammerthrowers, Brora played plenty of neat stuff. It was not an overly physical contest.

I thought the no 11 , no 9, and the keeper were all impressive performers.

Young Jim did himself no harm in our goals with three goal stopping saves. He was also quick off his line to clear danger or collect the ball on several occasions.

Comfortable in the end but credit to Brora for keeping it close for over 70 mins.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see where Monkey Tennis is coming from to be honest. I thought in the end the margin was probably about right. We were maybe fortunate to be up at half time and they certainly had the better of the second half up to Gavin scored against the run of play. Del then missed a sitter to make it 3-0 and they've gone up the park and scored the goal they deserved to get. Can't say they ever looked an awful lot like equalising after that though and their back line in particular were blowing out of their backsides in the last 20 minutes. It could have ended up 5 or 6 with a little more luck. But it would have been rough on them for the effort they put in over the first 60 - 70 minutes.

Funniest moment of the day - Iain Russell having a word with Zander Sutherland about his diving! And then about two minutes later showing him how a real dive is executed.

Funniest moment of the day - Iain Russell having a word with Zander Sutherland about his diving! And then about two minutes later showing him how a real dive is executed.

Saw that! Wouldn't be surprised if the context of Russell's gist was: "observe, process, apply.... "

Not much to add to what has been said already.

Early goal, thought we were on easy street then spent a very nervy hour only to run out comfortable winners in the end.

Brora were decent and could hold their own in spfl 3 imo.

Good and exuberant travelling support.

Their no 11 and 9 were good although 9 is an irritating wee sod who isn't as good as he thinks he is.

My thoughts only, but that is the 2nd time I've seen Jim Atkinson play for us.

I think he's pretty competent and wonder if we really need Zander Clark?

Not much to add to what has been said already.

Early goal, thought we were on easy street then spent a very nervy hour only to run out comfortable winners in the end.

Brora were decent and could hold their own in spfl 3 imo.

Good and exuberant travelling support.

Their no 11 and 9 were good although 9 is an irritating wee sod who isn't as good as he thinks he is.

My thoughts only, but that is the 2nd time I've seen Jim Atkinson play for us.

I think he's pretty competent and wonder if we really need Zander Clark?

If they managed to improve their stamina or even paced themselves better , then I would say League 2 easily.

Well we made that more difficult than it had to be. I think 4-1 completely flattered us. Brora gave as good as they got. I think fitness and quality shown through in the end. Take nothing away from Brora, they practically matched us chances and possession wise. At 2-1 all they needed was a decent break and it could have been a very different outcome today. I have to admit that I never felt in danger of losing the tie, but Brora had a lot of good chances and when they pulled their (deserved) goal back, I thought they may well have tested us and got an equaliser. I always felt we were capable of going up the other end and scoring though, which is probably why I was never really too concerned today.

Who got MOM today? I would have picked Durnan personally, but wouldn't have grudged their number 9 or 11 it. I think the fact that number 11 got applauded off by the QoS shows how good the lad was today. It was good to see a few QoS fans stay and applaud the Brora team off as well (myself included). They were a great advert for the Highland League (even if they are "buying the league") and did themselves and their fans proud. I was close to having a go at 4 older Brora 'fans' today. They left after our 3rd goal. I shouldn't have been as mad as I was, but I couldn't believe after the effort their players put in today that they wouldn't even stay and applaud them off. Were they genuinely expecting anything other than a defeat?

There's no point having a pop at any of our players. The scoreline was more comfortable than our performance, but it's to be expected against smaller teams who are "right up for it" in these matches. Well done to Atkinson today. He commanded his area well and made a few really good stops that kept us ahead, on more than one occasion.

Job done, and let's home for a home tie against lower league opposition in the next round.

Well we made that more difficult than it had to be. I think 4-1 completely flattered us. Brora gave as good as they got. I think fitness and quality shown through in the end.

Who got MOM today? I would have picked Durnan personally, but wouldn't have grudged their number 9 or 11 it.

So they didnt "give as good as they got" then. They did for an hour or so but then fitness told. Only one team in it for the last 20 mins.

There was no man of the match as far as I know. William Hill have the rights to award that in the Scottish Cup but had no official representatives at the game so none was awarded. Personally I thought McShane was outstanding though. I would have gone for him.

Archived