Jurassic World

jamamafegan

I remember when I learnt that the real velcoraptors were about the size of turkeys.

It little bit of the magic of my childhood died.

Vraptor-scale.png

Haha yeah indeed. Aberdeen University has a complete raptor fossil and it was a bit disappointing. Most animals can be psychologically conditioned so in the case of science fiction it isn't that big a leap to see these raptors trained, especially since they were talking to each other last time out.

Looks like it might be good.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yeah indeed. Aberdeen University has a complete raptor fossil and it was a bit disappointing. Most animals can be psychologically conditioned so in the case of science fiction it isn't that big a leap to see these raptors trained, especially since they were talking to each other last time out.

Looks like it might be good.

Utahraptor is pretty big though...

1280px-Utahraptor_scale.png

• 2 months later...

im sorry but did i just see someone who actually trained velociraptors?

seriously?

f**k off, im no having that shite

Aye. I seen the trailer where you saw that a while ago and reacted the same. After not watching it for a while I actually think it's looking quite good. Hope the Raptors turn though.

Canna wait for this. Jurassic Park is just superb.

8)

Aye. I seen the trailer where you saw that a while ago and reacted the same. After not watching it for a while I actually think it's looking quite good. Hope the Raptors turn though.

Canna wait for this. Jurassic Park is just superb.

8)

the first bit where he stops them in their tracks i can maybe, AND I MEAN MAYBE, at a push accept that could happen given they wouldn't have a clue who or what he is

however the second part where he is seemingly leading them on an attack is just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong

Given it's now a proper theme park (a la SeaWorld), I'm not as bothered about the "trained raptors" as others are. It's perfectly plausible ( :lol: - within the context of JP) that they could be "trained" given that:

a) They're genetically modified; and

b) You currently see trained animals at some theme parks

Using them to attack the big I-Rex/D-Rex does seem a bit silly but the rest of it has drawn me in (apart from the pterodactyl bit). It's never going to reach the same heights as Jurassic Park so people should just accept that (and not being the same level as Jurassic Park doesn't mean it's absolutely awful). I've seen nothing so far to suggest that it will be worse than Lost World.

Edit: I mind reading an interview with the director where he pretty much said that the velociraptor thing isn't as "clear cut" as the trailers show. There's been a number of instances of people getting close to/training animals that have ended up turning on them.

Edit Mk.II: Of course, it could be shit but I'm cautiously optimistic. It's obviously not going to be greatest thing ever but that doesn't mean it won't be good.

Don't really understand much of the gripe here...

Trained Raptors: in the franchise, Raptors are portrayed as highly intelligent. Why then is this so unrealisic. Humans have successfully trained numerous apex predators, it's not all that impossible?

The whole theme park idea is the perfect continuation of the franchise. It is the only logical path.

The genetic new dino. As per the original, all the Dino's are effectively new breeds rather than pure breed. This again isn't really a big deal. Slightly strange but its a film about dinosaurs in the modern world, what are you expecting.

Never been a huge fan of Jurassic Park tbh and I've always felt it's a bit overrated. Plenty of films I'd rather see this year but will most likely still go. If I do get round to watching it does anyone think I'll need to watch the originals as I haven't seen them in a couple of years?

What's with all the hate for The Lost World? It has Jeff Goldblum AND Pete Postlethwaite in it. Fair enough the ending seemed a little bit unnecessary, but it was still an entertaining film. Maybe it's an age thing...mind you I was 13 when the third one came out and I knew it was shite even then.

What's with all the hate for The Lost World? It has Jeff Goldblum AND Pete Postlethwaite in it. Fair enough the ending seemed a little bit unnecessary, but it was still an entertaining film. Maybe it's an age thing...mind you I was 13 when the third one came out and I knew it was shite even then.

i hated it because id read the book first and the film tacked on the mainland ending that wasnt even remotely considered going by the book

hell even the first film killed and survived different characters than the book, but at least it was the first and pretty good

Don't really understand much of the gripe here...

Trained Raptors: in the franchise, Raptors are portrayed as highly intelligent. Why then is this so unrealisic. Humans have successfully trained numerous apex predators, it's not all that impossible?

The whole theme park idea is the perfect continuation of the franchise. It is the only logical path.

The genetic new dino. As per the original, all the Dino's are effectively new breeds rather than pure breed. This again isn't really a big deal. Slightly strange but its a film about dinosaurs in the modern world, what are you expecting.

i guess the thing with me is that "how the f**k can we train an animal that we barely know f**k all about"

im remembering the first film when it said the female lead raptor came in last and killed a lot of the rest to assert her dominance, seems strange now that humans can become the leader to the point where they can command the raptors to attack and defend on their whim

im being pernickety arent i :P

"We're going at it with everything we've got" he says as he speeds away with his raptor buddy's.

This film is looking more and more shite. They've fucked up on the raptors again by making them blue AGAIN. They should be fucking brown like the first film.

I'll still go to see this but can't say I'll be looking forward to it, more intrigued if anything.

I actually liked it up until the

T-Rex started ramping through the streets of San Diego (?)[/spoiler ALERT]. It's pretty rubbish compared to the first film though, which is why I used it as a comparison. Jurassic World won't be as good as the original film but it won't be any worse than Lost World. We're not going to be getting JP3 levels of shit here.

I loved the original Jurassic Park, it's amazing how well the CGI has held up for a film that came out in 1993

Especially when you compare it with No.3 which looks cheap in comparison despite it coming out 8 years later

Archived