Jurassic World

jamamafegan

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take its only me that really enjoyed the Lost World? Agree the T-Rex roaming roond the toon felt an unneccesary addition.

They lost a lot of fans when the T-Rex was crushed in number three though, hope they make amends for that.

I found the velocirapters running alongside Chris Pratt's vehicle as if they're helping him out with whatever he is doing as ridiculous also.

Why? Folk can train lions to do the same. Velociraptors would likely pick stuff like that up quite easily, especially since the idea is that theyve been trained since birth.

Why? Folk can train lions to do the same. Velociraptors would likely pick stuff like that up quite easily, especially since the idea is that theyve been trained since birth.

Let me say this and this alone.

Raptors are not supposed to be our friends. Ever.

That is all.

That is all.

I do understand why some people dont like it. Its just people saying it wouldnt be possible i find odd.

That is all.

And things like Orca Whales are?

Yet they're trained in real life. I along with others have absolutely no problem with the Raptors being trained. In fact of anything was capable of doing it to an extreme it was them with their intelligence. Anyway I've no doubt they'll rebel and go native again fairly quickly in the carnage.

Just me who thinks the raptors are gonna turn on their trainers. Seems incredibly obvious.

Hope so. Also hope a T-Rex absolutely c***s the D-Rex.

i guess the thing with me is that "how the f**k can we train an animal that we barely know f**k all about"

im remembering the first film when it said the female lead raptor came in last and killed a lot of the rest to assert her dominance, seems strange now that humans can become the leader to the point where they can command the raptors to attack and defend on their whim

im being pernickety arent i :P

Any animal can be psychologically conditioned to respond to a stimuli, even the thickest of animals with no intelligence will perform to get food.

The most alarming thing about the whole trailer is the cruel b*****ds are catching endangered Great White Sharks to feed to a humungous Lacoste beast. b*****ds!

Any animal can be psychologically conditioned to respond to a stimuli, even the thickest of animals with no intelligence will perform to get food.

trained many extinct animals have you lol

the first film had them as a predatory pack like killing machine led by one of their own, the 2nd film/book had them as absolutely chaotic when they didnt have any structured leadership, the third showed them as highly intelligent and obviously structured in both leadership and pack like behaviour

i just cannot believe that they would now start to take orders from humans, especially as the animals will not know that a human is anything other than a hunt

again im being pernickety i suppose

the first film had them as a predatory pack like killing machine led by one of their own, the 2nd film/book had them as absolutely chaotic when they didnt have any structured leadership, the third showed them as highly intelligent and obviously structured in both leadership and pack like behaviour

i just cannot believe that they would now start to take orders from humans, especially as the animals will not know that a human is anything other than a hunt

Lions, Tiger and Bears (oh my) have all been trained successfully. Great White's have been conditioned to go to the tourist boats and just swim around as they will get free food and chum. Polar Bears in some towns in Canada have been conditioned to collect food from humans without causing harm. Tigers in Indian towns have also been conditioned to collect food from humans. These are all wild apex predators. Humans have conditioned and trained just about every animal in the world. In Jurassic World where these "dinosaurs" have been genetically modified with DNA from frogs, at what point is unbelievable that they could not be genetically modified to have the behaviour of a dog for instance?

It is science fiction after all. If you buy the premise that they can clone dinosaurs from 65 million year old amber with a mosquito in it. Surely training an animal is quite easy to believe?

Are we really debating if a raptor can be trained or not? :lol:

The only way it would be unbelievable if it was a pack of Jim McIntyre's and Billy Dodds' being trained.

Are we really debating if a raptor can be trained or not? :lol:

Yeah. In a trailer showing dinosaurs roaming about a theme park getting fed Great White Sharks that are dangling on a zipwire, it stand outs as being completely unrealistic.

You are, particularly when these are going to be new raptors bred specifically for this new theme park.

JP: raptors bred to be observed in a cage, like a zoo animal.

JP2: raptors out in the wild + couple of years of wild breeding (on a different island) so they act like wild animals

JP3: raptors from same island as JP2 so basically wild anyway (+ have learned ability to speak)

JW: new raptors but lessons "hopefully" learned from JP1 = raptors that can be trained until "nature" inevitably kicks back in

Jurassic Park franchise: serious business

Archived