Vinyl sales 1 Million In 12 Month

Demented Zebra

1 million vinyl sales in 12 month is fantastic news you have to go back to 1996 for such sales figures. Just few years ago it was not easy to get certain new realises on vinyl with only CD and download being the only option. Today when going to buy a band on vinyl it's easy as all new music is available on this format.

Invested in a record cleaning machine and purchase anti static inner covers which results in no snap crackle pop absolutely no noise between tracks. All depends how much your into music I suppose but well worth the investment for me.

You can buy a decent deck for as little as £150 from a company called 'project'

It's great to listen to an album while having the lyric sleeve in your hands where you can actually see the words.

Recently hooked up a record deck to my amp, and am playing all my old LP's the sound is superb, warm and smooth, much better than cd's, ipods or any of that stuff. Sade's Diamond Life is absolutely brilliant on vinyl.

1 million vinyl sales in 12 month is fantastic news you have to go back to 1996 for such sales figures. Just few years ago it was not easy to get certain new realises on vinyl with only CD and download being the only option. Today when going to buy a band on vinyl it's easy as all new music is available on this format.

Invested in a record cleaning machine and purchase anti static inner covers which results in no snap crackle pop absolutely no noise between tracks. All depends how much your into music I suppose but well worth the investment for me.

You can buy a decent deck for as little as £150 from a company called 'project'

It's great to listen to an album while having the lyric sleeve in your hands where you can actually see the words.

At three times the price of a CD album you can bet the record companies will be pushing vinyl again. Nothing against vinyl, I grew up with it, but this is all about selling the same item for a third or fourth time at an above market price.

The prices of vinyl are ridiculous. I expect them to be more expensive than CD's since the pressing costs are greater, but I refuse to pay anymore than £15-20 for a 1LP vinyl. Prices of vinyl will skyrocket even more now since record labels will try and flog it until the trend dies out and Urban Outfitters stop stocking them.

I have moved house many times and each time I move, I have brought my vinyl collection with me. It has moved from loft to loft many times over the years.

I have not had a machine to play them on for about 16 years! I should really get rid but I am too much of a hoarder. Anyway how could I part with my double vinyl, Now 1 album.

Regarding the price of vinyl , The average cost for me works out around the £16 mark. Purchase from amazon however I don't pay amazon price which more often than not is expensive so go to private dealers who sell through amazon. Any albums bought this way has always arrived quickly and packaged very well. Some albums on Amazon are £23 go to a private dealer in amazon you get the same album for £16.00

There is a Digital streamer within my system have downloaded some albums in 24bit recordings which are more expensive than CD's. Do they sound good ? In my experiance if you have a 16bit recording which has been produced and master well it is every bit as good as 24bit recordings. Prolonged listening of 24bit recordings then going back to 16bit recordings show that 24bit has a wider stereo image that the only thing I notice.

Just buy second hand from your local record shop.

This.

You can pick up some absolute gems for next to nothing in some second hand record shops. Love Music near Queen Street station is pretty good and Monorail the other side of St. Enochs are the two I generally head to in Glasgow.

That said HMV can be ok for reissues, I picked up Funkadelic - Maggot Brain for £12 and The Doors - The Doors for £14 on heavy gram vinyl.

Online eBay can be ok if you're willing to put a bit I effort into looking for something. Discogs is where it's at though in my opinion. Mostly private sellers and really easy to find what you're looking for.

Amazon on the other hand should be avoided at all costs.

Gave up on vinyl in 1991.. Had always had a good deck and cart, Pioneer P12D and Shure N75 ED. Gorgeous.

pioneer_pl-12d_belt-drive_turntable.jpg

No matter how careful always got crackles etc. After a length of time it got bloody annoying, quiet passages ruined.

Each to their own though but I am well happy with how my 20 year plus CDs are holding up, could not say the same about vinyl.

I have moved house many times and each time I move, I have brought my vinyl collection with me. It has moved from loft to loft many times over the years.

I have not had a machine to play them on for about 16 years! I should really get rid but I am too much of a hoarder. Anyway how could I part with my double vinyl, Now 1 album.

Get on E bay, plenty of decent turntables at good prices.

Been really into vinyl since I can remember. Started on decks about 1992. Still have technics sl-1210's that I bought in 1996.

Will never swap over to digital, which is a pain when you have thousands.....

Best place to buy vinyl is Discogs unless you can find some in a charity shop. London is the place for this.

Severe lack of decent shops up here now, I can remember when Edinburgh alone had over a dozen really good independant shops.

Walking about for miles and listening to new tunes seems so much better than just clicking download on a website or iTunes. Felt like you earned the tunes and that they were hard to get. Music seems a bit throwaway now tbh.

Archived