5th round

1320Lichtie

We've already beat a Prem team this season and took United all the way to pens, on our day we're a decent team and I fancy our chances against most teams in a one of cup match. I'd like to avoid United because we've already played them this season and Celtic for obvious reasons.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should we beat St Mirren tomorrow, we will of course be drawn away to a fellow Premiership side as standard.

If you could do that it'd be much appreciated by ourselves. It would save mean us not having to play you. Saving us a 5 hour trip and a likely defeat! If you could make it against one of the Dundee's or St Johnstone then that'd be an even bigger bonus. Cheers!

Stranraer away would be smashing. Arbroath has fond memories as an away day as well so that would be my second choice.

If not then any of the other lower league teams home or away please.

If we end up with one of the Premiership teams then I'd give ourselves a chance at home to St Mirren, St Johnstone or Partick. Partick away is a good day out as well and it would be fun to rekindle our friendship with the Thistle fans and find out if they are still hilariously seething about our Challenge Cup victory.

Nightmare draw would be another Championship team, away to Inverness or away to either of the Dundee clubs.

Wonder if the best fans in the world will turn out in force for it?

First time in a while where I've not wanted a Rangers/Celtic draw, sick to death of playing them :lol:

Always used to want them as you were guaranteed Sky but the games are just boring now, happened to often lately.

1. Dundee/United away.

2. Spartans away

3. Game against league 1/2 team at home.

^ order of preference.

Excited for this draw!

Celtic Vs Arbroath coming up!

Yaaaaaaaay, crowd circa 10k (37.5% of crowd receipts due to AFC minus costs for policing etc etc = not the 'big pay day' some would refer to it as) and I suspect we'd get beat somewhere in the region of 6/7-0 to make up for 1-1 draw we scraped there a few years ago! If we were to draw either of the two ugly sisters, I would much prefer it to be at home (as mentioned previously by a fellow Lichtie) due to the potential of 82.5k from Sky and another 10/ 15k or so from gate money after expenses are deducted.

Archived