Aberdeen VS Hamilton

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see nothing other than an easy Aberdeen win here.

Something of the order of 5-0, with Shankland getting at least a brace.

Currently, I can't imagine us putting 5 past a highland league reserve side tbh. Any kind of win will do for me.

What decent pubs are there between the station and the the ground?

Loads.

Malones

Wilsons Bar

Snuggery

Prince of Wales

Blackfriars

Archies

Pittodrie Bar

Scotia

You won't go thirsty

Both teams very capable of giving each other a doing. If Hamilton play with the same energy they did at NDP then we're in trouble. Alternatively if we set up to stifle that like we did at Pitoddrie then Hamilton will struggle. In the end we could cancel each other out.

Worries are that we aren't scoring. Could be a shitfest. Also our stifling tactic requires defensive concentration. Even though he's been good these last few weeks, Ash Taylor still has a mistake in him. Could be a 1-0 loss shitfest. That really is the worst result we can get.

Loads.

Malones - (6/10) actually not too bad for a Paddy Bar, Actual Irish drink in there, not pretend ones.

Wilsons Bar - (8/10) top quality boozer, suffers from having Aberdeen's best boozer next door.

Snuggery - (9/10) Aberdeen's best boozer.

Prince of Wales - (1/10) Smells of piss, Rupert Murdoch drinks here. These facts aren't related.

Blackfriars - (0/10) Police Bar. Avoid.

Archies - (3/10) Its a Wetherspoons. Avoid.

Pittodrie Bar - (8/10) No Away Fans.

Scotia - (x/10) I've never actually been in. Not sure why.

You won't go thirsty

I've kindly added reviews for you.

Strange last 3 games, the worst we have played we won and the other two games we deserved to win we have lost. Lot of Aberdeen fans pretty critical of a lot of things at the moment but I do think we are not getting rewarded for chances created. Hopefully that will change soon although we are hampered by injuries to key players and still have 5 out injured. Wish Anderson would be back soon as I'm not a fan of Taylor and I do think the Partnership of him and Reynolds has been poor overall. Reynolds just hasn't been to his usual high standards this season.

On a positive we are 2 points ahead at the same point as last season but this time last season we hit very good form.

I'd start with;

McGovern

..Gordon......Devlin......Tena.......Hendrie

.............................Neil.............................

MacKinnon....Andreu...Crawford...Redmond

..........................Brophy................................

This looks good to me, would like to see Neil start, our best form of a driving force, don't think he'd last the full 90 but Routledge is there as a sub.

He hasn't started once this season and has said himself he'd rather let the boys play

True, but I think we need a leader on the park in the midfield area at the moment as, personally i think McKinnon has been poor since he returned from his ban. Plus that i think was the first time Neil has played the full 90mins for the U20s this season. Was he testing his fitness with a view to playing on Saturday?

Would like to see McInnes play Rooney through the middle rather than Goodwillie if we are to stick with 1 up front. Goodwillie just not cut out for lone striker role. Also maybe drop Pawlett for Smith as Pawlett has been off form for a while now. However fully expect McInnes to stick with same team as last week. We looked very comfortable in league cup win against Accies and a similar level of performance as in that game should see us win again. Been impressed with number 22 (Andreu?) in both games this season so would be a bonus if he was out.

Archived