Your favourite album of 2014

Kejan

I had Beck's as a far-away second, but this is definitely number one.

Unbelieveable!

The lyrics are amazing, the music is as superb as always, but the lyrics, listen to any of his older stuff, he's never wrote anything as deep as this - it's like a folk music album with rap lyrics.

Tremendous.

Anyhoos, god bless those Russian Youtube inventors and how I can post the whole album, and if you like it, you can google the lyrics and find probably at most 'Song Meanings', but yeah, blethers gu leòr.

My album of th year is

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

I had Beck's as a far-away second, but this is definitely number one.

Unbelieveable!

The lyrics are amazing, the music is as superb as always, but the lyrics, listen to any of his older stuff, he's never wrote anything as deep as this - it's like a folk music album with rap lyrics.

Tremendous.

Anyhoos, god bless those Russian Youtube inventors and how I can post the whole album, and if you like it, you can google the lyrics and find probably at most 'Song Meanings', but yeah, blethers gu leòr.

My album of th year is

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

If you're up for some more modernish folky stuff, check out Bill Callaghan and his band Smog. The album Supper (2003) is superb.

On another note: http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/nov/26/-sp-the-best-albums-of-2014

Any of that stuff non-hipster shite worth listening to?

I've heard of about half of the Guardians Top 40, 'hipster shite' right enough.

I can only imagine that St Vincent has improved a lot over the last few years as she seems to be 'uber cool' these days.

I saw her supporting The National a good while back (2007ish) and was not impressed.

Interpol and The Horrors.

Nothing else.

Music is dead.

For everyone under 30. Go online and look at John Peel's Festive 50 over the years or get a list of NMEs Top Albums pre-2000.

I have a penchant for Scottish singers/bands for some reason. Whether they're actually any good or i'm just biased i don't know.

No order:

Young Fathers - Dead

Twilight sad - Nobody wants to be here and nobody wants to leave

Paolo Nutini - Caustic Love

Twin Atlantic - Great divide(H8rs gonna h8)

The War on Drugs - Lost in a dream

Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2

Ed Sheeran - X

Interpol - El Pintor

Lee Fields and the Expressions - Emma Jean

Music is dead.

:lol:

Augustines' album was an absolute corker. Blitz Kids brought out a cracking pop rock number too which I thought was close.

Anathema get the nod so far for "Distant Satellites" though. Still got a LOT to listen to listen to though, so we'll see.

I've heard of about half of the Guardians Top 40, 'hipster shite' right enough.

I can only imagine that St Vincent has improved a lot over the last few years as she seems to be 'uber cool' these days.

I saw her supporting The National a good while back (2007ish) and was not impressed.

The Grauniad list is essentially the Pitchfork album in a slightly rejigged order. Hipster indeed. That said, the War on Drugs record is fabulous.

Archived