I've got some good news guys: the UPS delivery van didn't go on fire so my much anticipated trainers have arrived at their new home safe and sound.

Going by previous comments in this thread I fully expect to be bombarded with love for my purchase. Any negative comments will be treated with the contempt they deserve...

Oh for f**k sake, the photo's too large to upload. I think it's just that the site can't handle the sheer awesomeness of my new footwear tbh.

What's the best way to sell (barely) used trainers. Ebay? On the P&B Buy & Sell forum?

I have a few pairs I'd like to punt (mainly adidas) and hoping the P&B trainerati can give me some pointers.

The cost of petrol would gobble up any profits.

Thanks for your (entirely serious) suggestion, though.

Might try P&B's buy and sell forum, Deeboy. Decent audience, plus I'm sure my fellow posters would act as good price guides.

You would be better just posting them in here tbh because anyone that has an interest in trainers are more likely to see them.

I've sold tons of trainers and although they take a fee I've had quite a bit of good luck selling them for more than I wanted. Its maybe because I'm a size 13 which are harder to come across but I've sold a couple pairs for more than I paid for them

Just got new Lyte's. What's the best 'scotchguard ' to buy to protect the suede? I don't fancy paying £10 a tin.

Nikwax for a fiver or Universal Waterproofing Spray (Deichmann's and various other places) for three quid. Also Fabsil from Screwfix for a fiver.

What's the best way to sell (barely) used trainers. Ebay? On the P&B Buy & Sell forum?

I have a few pairs I'd like to punt (mainly adidas) and hoping the P&B trainerati can give me some pointers.

Join a trainer group on facebook and sell there. Much more likely to get someone paying you paypal gift therefore avoiding the 4% charge, and ebay is a total joke - they charge 10% and then you've got to add the paypal 4%.

Edit: Nizzy, the Trimm Trab in decent condition should fetch maybe £50, the OP I've never heard of so I can't price but if the London are in good nick you can expect £70-80.

Edited by Monster

The Adidas shop at Sterling Mills has 30% off all stock this week and they have some decent trainers in Tobacco, Spezial, Beckenbauer are a few what spring to mind.

Sorry big man, you're way off. The tobacco are okay but way overpriced at £43 ( I got the blue ones for £30), the Beckenbauer are the most common (and not nice) colourway and again overpriced at £46 and the Spezial are grey with a white sole - you'd need to be a colourblind lunatic to even consider wearing them.

Sterling Mills is shite.

Edit: Nizzy, the Trimm Trab in decent condition should fetch maybe £50, the OP I've never heard of so I can't price but if the London are in good nick you can expect £70-80.

Can't imagine buying someone else's shoes, I'm afraid.

Just got new Lyte's. What's the best 'scotchguard ' to buy to protect the suede? I don't fancy paying £10 a tin.

Photo for p&b scrutiny and subsequent opinion please. Thank you.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think we can all agree they're wonderfully outrageous yet beautiful. Like myself. Much thanks. x

Got a pair of GLV's myself think I prefer the pair you posted. Probably don't need a protector with them imo the suede/nubuck isn't as soft as a pair of Saucony I have you should be ok to brush clean. I have Crep Protect but never use it tbh and it was a tenner a can.

image.jpg

I think we can all agree they're wonderfully outrageous yet beautiful. Like myself. Much thanks. x

Send them to your restoration guy,tell him to get shot of the green and you have yourself a ridiculously comfortable pair of good looking summer gutties.

Jah bless.