Had a pair of Samba and wouldn't buy another. Would never but Spezial's either. Heard they are poor quality too, and they look like shit.

I have a few pairs of Spezials and they are all excellent quality. It depends on the year and where they're made.

Heard a few mate having issues with adidas quality control, Ive never had an issue.

There was an issue last year with a run of tobacco re-issues. The machines in the factory (in Indonesia) needed recalibrated, but adidas insisted the run was finished in time. Consequently the soles don't line up with the uppers properly and they are fucked.

post-4200-0-11490700-1418209000_thumb.jp

See above: the front sole of the right shoe. :unsure:

Also looks pretty poor quality suede like you sometimes see on the brown Trimm Stars

I have the brown Trimm Star and the suede is decent. I've been quite lucky in the sense that I haven't had any with very poor quality. Some of them are helluva hairy though. :huh:

I have the brown Trimm Star and the suede is decent. I've been quite lucky in the sense that I haven't had any with very poor quality. Some of them are helluva hairy though. :huh:

I'd class hairy as poor quality.

Not hairy but the suede on my "orange on brown" Londons was nothing great, felt really thin and moulded to the shape of my toes really quickly!

My favourites have to be the red Trimm - Trabs. Used to be the white and red Hamburgs but they barely survived the trip up to Aberdeen a couple of months ago and I can't bring myself to clean them. Really like the red and green Hamburgs as well.

I've always worn Vans. They have been, by some distance, the comfiest and most consistent well made shoes I have ever worn (the Nike Air Hurache I had when I was about 12 maybe just pips them to the most comfy ever spot). I could just order them online and they would always fit and always be good.

However about a year ago Vans turned shite. The build quality just fell off a cliff and I have been trying out different brands of skate shoes as a replacement, all bar none have been shite too. Airwalk, DC, Osiris - all pish, made by blind, talentless kids in a ditch somewhere.

I am not a skateboarder, but I loved Vans huge soles and wide build, as having monster feet (13, sure your wife can have my number ;) ) shopping for shoes is always a nightmare. I don't fit adidas, even 13's as they are just too narrow. Help.

Bit of a trainer fiend.

Got Adidas Tobaccos Maroon, Red and white hamburgs (suede) Marathon 84s in navy, black and white gazelles OG are the favourites.

Favourite pair I've had are these though

25622.jpg

Belter of a trainer, will be getting bought again soon.