Question Time

Elixir

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Both of them were.

Yeah I see what you mean. As discussed earlier, Corbyn could be deemed anti EU and his comment the next day about triggering Article 50 quickly probably supports that.

I always get a "careerist" impression from a lot of the Tories and they only support certain things to further their career as opposed to the good of democracy/the country.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

There are times when people with skeletons in the cupboard are pushed forward as they can be easily manipulated, perhaps this is such a time.

I think it maybe the lack of skeletons that got her the gig. The other contenders all seemed to have too many to even let them in the door. She's got f**k all really. She's a poor orator, poor debater, poor policy maker and a poor leader. She's also shown an incredible lack of judgement at key times. 

She's fuckin hopeless. Tony Blair would have been all over Grenfell with his best grief-stricken face pasted on. She looked like she'd been forced to go near the place. Arsehole of a PM. Should have chucked it as soon as she didn't get a majority but instead gave a billion to bigots.

17 minutes ago, HTG said:

I think it maybe the lack of skeletons that got her the gig. The other contenders all seemed to have too many to even let them in the door. She's got f**k all really. She's a poor orator, poor debater, poor policy maker and a poor leader. She's also shown an incredible lack of judgement at key times. 

She's fuckin hopeless. Tony Blair would have been all over Grenfell with his best grief-stricken face pasted on. She looked like she'd been forced to go near the place. Arsehole of a PM. Should have chucked it as soon as she didn't get a majority but instead gave a billion to bigots.

I was talking of skeletons that mere mortals don't hear or know about rather than known policy positions or gaffes.

25 minutes ago, HTG said:

She lasted longer as Home Secretary than anyone else by keeping her head down and blaming Europe or other Ministers for anything that went wrong. Unfortunately for her, Prime Ministers are expected to appear in public much more often, and she can't deflect the blame.

She is the epitomy of short termism.

Completely void of direction.

No ideas

Willing to flip flop when it suits

Hides when its difficult

Spouts political pish and given free reign to do so by media lackeys

good at riding the opinion poll wave....and ignoring it when it suits....again aided by media lackeys.

She is a political surfer who is and will do untold damage to this country.

Problem is........corbyn is exactly the same.

Well done tory and labour voters.

Well done nawbags of 2014.

She is the epitomy of short termism.
Completely void of direction.
No ideas
Willing to flip flop when it suits
Hides when its difficult
Spouts political pish and given free reign to do so by media lackeys
good at riding the opinion poll wave....and ignoring it when it suits....again aided by media lackeys.
She is a political surfer who is and will do untold damage to this country.
Problem is........corbyn is exactly the same.
Well done tory and labour voters.
Well done nawbags of 2014.

Although I agree with your description of the PM, this whole 'nawbags' and 'don't blame me, I voted yes' patter is fuc*ing awful. People made their choices for a whole host of different reasons and should be respected as such.
If you disagree and want a yes vote then you should be trying to win these people round, not ridiculing them.

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2017 at 19:45, NotThePars said:

Even better if there's some way to contain Will Self in a QT studio he can't escape from or be contacted with.

Will Self is a platitudous clown.

Given your semi- for Peter Hitchens, you might enjoy them knocking heads here:

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Julia Hartley Brewer literally is a highbrow Katie Hopkins for the Question Time audience.

Should be a fun watch versus Self.

Edited by banana

Charming fellow....

Gauke claimed £10,248.32 in stamp duty and fees involved in the purchase of his second home in London, a flat. A Channel 4 Dispatches programme revealed that he was claiming expenses on the flat in central London despite having a property located only one hour away on public transport.

Gauke sold the flat in August 2012, keeping £27,000, the property price having increased by £67,000 since purchase. He paid nearly £40,000 of this to the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) as MPs only have to pay back any profit made in the previous two years [6]

He told the UK public that negotiating a price discount with a tradesmen for paying in cash for the purposes of evading tax is morally wrong.

Thinking more about this I just wouldn't have the brass neck to go on a live TV show and say anything about anything after having been totally caught with pants down all through that expenses fiasco.

These people just don't seem to belong in the real world - like Tony Blair's fond of saying it's time we moved on from Iraq now....

Beggars fucking belief.

Edited by ICTJohnboy