Question Time

Elixir

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why do so many of these thickos think that the bill for leaving the EU is some sort of punishment bill?

It's clearly a negotiation but it's a negotiation of liabilities but it's existing liabilities that the U.K. Owe.

The balance is the negotiation of assets.  The UK has invested billions in to the EU project and one would expect something back from this.  I'd certainly like to see money back from the financial instruments held by The EU and for the property in the EU Estate that we helped to build.  We need to, of course, liquidate our investment in the ECB.

It would be useful to see a balance sheet describing what we put in vs what wee took out but we've, fiscally, been good neighbours.  

The balance is the negotiation of assets.  The UK has invested billions in to the EU project and one would expect something back from this.  I'd certainly like to see money back from the financial instruments held by The EU and for the property in the EU Estate that we helped to build.  We need to, of course, liquidate our investment in the ECB.
It would be useful to see a balance sheet describing what we put in vs what wee took out but we've, fiscally, been good neighbours.  

Agree with all of that and don't pretend to have those answers, it's just the people in the crowd saying "don't pay them a penny!" As if it's some sort of termination clause that we have to pay 100bn on leaving.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

So when Scotland leave the Union all the assets will be divvied up equally? Will Scotland be due a positive divorce settlement then?

Just now, dirty dingus said:

So when Scotland leave the Union all the assets will be divvied up equally? Will Scotland be due a positive divorce settlement then?

How you divvy up the shortbread tin is a matter of indifference to me.

How you divvy up the shortbread tin is a matter of indifference to me.

I saw you complaining to someone about them calling you a drunk. Tbh, until you can manage a grown up, sober point instead of the usual mix of the snidey, pedantic rantings of the town drunk you'll be treated as such.

So, in those spirits: Quieten down, rummy.

5 minutes ago, Strapo said:

Why is Nuttall now trying to sound left wing

UKIP probably realise a lot of their right-wing support has now went back to the Tories post-Brexit, and they're not really going to gain anything from them. Presumably they're honing down on targeting Labour supporters who voted for Brexit and feel disillusioned in the party. Will win them a few but with their general vote share going down it'll be nowhere near enough to win any seats.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Imagine being so servile and craven that you hold Scotland and her institutions in such contempt.

I don't.  I respect Scotland's contribution to our country.  I just detest the small-minded xenophobes who want to turn her in to a parish council.

You didn't.

You probably can't remember tbh. It was something along the lines of them being original. It's cool though, get back to the bottle and passive aggressive posting.